What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Contract players end of 2019.

Shredder

Juniors
We need to be business minded about this.

Out of that lot I would only be keeping Aloiai, Garner, Gamble, Mikaele, Smith and Thompson.

The rest can all f**k off, Madge can take their money and buy his team.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I would be tempted to throw the chequebook at King Gutho

The dude is all class and probably the main reason Parra is 3/4 so far this year. If he didn't suffer that acl injury which set him back I reckon he'd be on the verge of origin by now

He would be a good pick up but just about every team will be after him..

Can’t imagine he would come here..

BuffaloRules

Coach
We need to be business minded about this.

Out of that lot I would only be keeping Aloiai, Garner, Gamble, Mikaele, Smith and Thompson.

The rest can all f**k off, Madge can take their money and buy his team.

MCK can stay too... he is cheap and at worst good depth..

simmo1

First Grade
Gutherson would be an awesome signing. However the time to approach him would have been last year when he was coming back from injury and playing behind Hayne.

His asking value has increased massively this season (but would still be worth every penny).

magpie_man

Juniors
The Cowboys would have to be another serious contender for Gutho's John Hancock now that Holmes has been signed by the NY Jets.

tiger102

Juniors
KEEP## Josh Aloiai (2yrs), Michael Chee-Kam (2yrs), Thomas Mikaele,(3yrs) Luke Garner(2yrs), Dylan Smith(2yrs), Chris Lawrence(2yrs) & Corey Thompson(2yrs).

GONE## Robbie Farah, Mahe Fonua, Tyson Gamble, Jacob Liddle, Benji Marshall, Sam McIntyre, Robbie Rochow.

Try to move on ## Chris McQueen & Elijah Taylor

Look at ## Blayke Brayley, Braden Uele, Tui Kumikaica, Patrick Mago, Christian Welch, Andre Niko, John Olive, Tevita Funa, Javid Bowen, Hymel Hunt, Brayden Mcgrady, Mawene Hiroti, Steven Marsters.

trevcogger

Juniors
KEEP## Josh Aloiai (2yrs), Michael Chee-Kam (2yrs), Thomas Mikaele,(3yrs) Luke Garner(2yrs), Dylan Smith(2yrs), Chris Lawrence(2yrs) & Corey Thompson(2yrs).

GONE## Robbie Farah, Mahe Fonua, Tyson Gamble, Jacob Liddle, Benji Marshall, Sam McIntyre, Robbie Rochow.

Try to move on ## Chris McQueen & Elijah Taylor

Look at ## Blayke Brayley, Braden Uele, Tui Kumikaica, Patrick Mago, Christian Welch, Andre Niko, John Olive, Tevita Funa, Javid Bowen, Hymel Hunt, Brayden Mcgrady, Mawene Hiroti, Steven Marsters.

That is pretty much what i would do as well.
The Gambler has been here 2 years and only 1 first grade game.
Hes probably better to move on.
I agree with Taylor and McQueen,move them on if possible...Thats 9 free spots to fill for 2020.
I read we are looking at the Jamal Idris lookalike from the Dogs.
That would mean bye bye Fonua i would think.
We also need to lock up Jock Madden who is also off contract this year.

trevcogger

Juniors
Watching the Jamal Idris lookalike today.
Read today in SMH we are looking at him.
Has hands like feet...dropped a thousand bombs today.....PASS:rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::astonished:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm really interested to see who Madge moves on and who he keeps. I still haven't quite worked out what Madge's style is (please give me your two cents) but i'm liking what I'm seeing

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm really interested to see who Madge moves on and who he keeps. I still haven't quite worked out what Madge's style is (please give me your two cents) but i'm liking what I'm seeing
Yes, me too, that dressing room spray from the other week shows (to me anyway) that he is simply about winning and he takes the attitude, perform or perish.
We needed this many season ago. The future looks good.

Shredder

Juniors
He talks a lot about using the individual styles of the players.

He has said it a few times. Not deeply, more mentioned it.

Maybe his style is to make the most of the players styles, which to me, is ultimate coaching.