What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off contract sharks and off contract as at Nov 1

Inferno

Coach
What order are you re-signing the following players in?

Off contract and unsigned for next year
Jack Williams
Jayden Berrell
Billy Burns
Niwhai Peru
Siteni Taukomo
Oregon Kaufusi (Club option and Player option)

Off contract and unsigned for 2025
Brayden Trindall
Briton Nikora
Cameron McInnes
Daniel Atkinson
Kade Dykes
Ronaldo Mulitalo
Sam Stonestreet
Teig Wilton
Tom Hazleton
Tukupa-Ke Hau Tapuha
William Kennedy

Of those you would think Trindall, Teig, Tom and Atkinson would be in for sizeable upgrades with Tricky likely to be the most expensive.

I could see Ronnie in for an upgrade as well.

Dealing with the 2024 crop, I think Burns, Berrell, Peru will all likely be re-signed on minimum wage or close to it.

Jack Williams falls into the category of nice to keep but I wouldn't throw the bank at him. He has at times been outstanding off the bench but continues to be plagued with handling errors and poor discipline at times. I still think highly of him, but at full strength I think we could cover without him next year assuming BHU returns to full fitness and form.

If it came down to Williams or Oregon as hard as it is to say I think I'd keep Oregon.

Looking at 2025 I think Tricky and Brit would be at the top of my list for players to re-sign. Nicho is here for a long time, they already have a great combo and he is strong in areas Nicho is weak. Not much needs to be said about Brit (it is hard to believe he's only 26)

Hazelton is someone I'd be trying hard to keep, he's a very solid long term prospect and at 25 is only going to get better, however given he started most of the year I think he'd be in for a big upgrade and it might be hard to retain him.

Teig is someone I'd be trying hard to keep. Sifa could fill that spot if he left, but I wonder if we'd get 80 quality minutes out of him every week.

Ronnie is someone I'd like to keep but wouldn't throw the bank out. He is an elite winger and one of the best in the comp but is he worth double or even 1.5 times what we could get Stonestreet for? Probably not.

Cam McInnes I'd want to retain with perhaps a Finucane like clause where he's on smaller bucks in the last year of his deal? At 30, I wouldn't want to sign him for longer than 2 or 3 years.

I think we could probably resign Kennedy without breaking the bank.

One thing I am certain of, no way we keep all those guys...

bluefox68

Staff member
Jack Williams - NO
Jayden Berrell - NO
Billy Burns - NO
Niwhai Peru - DON’T KNOW ENOUGH
Siteni Taukomo - DON’T KNOW ENOUGH
Oregon Kaufusi (Club option and Player option) - YES

Brayden Trindall - YES
Briton Nikora - YES
Cameron McInnes - YES
Daniel Atkinson - YES
Kade Dykes - NO (injury prone)
Ronaldo Mulitalo - NO (too expensive)
Sam Stonestreet - YES
Teig Wilton - YES
Tom Hazleton - YES (if cheap)
Tukupa-Ke Hau Tapuha - YES
William Kennedy - NO

Mako-Ver

Juniors
Jack Williams No
Jayden Berrell No
Billy Burns yes
Niwhai Peru No
Siteni Taukomo Absofargenlootly
Oregon Kaufusi Oggy is a defo

Brayden Trindall dunno
Briton Nikora Absofargenlootly
Cameron McInnes dunno
Daniel Atkinson Absofargenlootly
Kade Dykes dunno
Ronaldo Mulitalo Absofargenlootly
Sam Stonestreet Absofargenlootly
Teig Wilton Absofargenlootly
Tom Hazleton Absofargenlootly
Tukupa-Ke Hau Tapuha Absofargenlootly
William Kennedy dunno

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Just on Siteni. I don't think he should be given the boot although talk has been they will show him the door.

If Kennedy goes we're looking at Ison who is not at the same level as the other midget teen FBs. Not even close. Then Dykes who has to mend his head, if not his knee and we don't know how he comes back.

That may leave Taukamo as next man up.

Fullback is a real dilemma and the cupboard is bare unless you have a million plus

Fullbacks off contract 2024. WHO??
Fullbacks 2024.JPG

Fullbacks off contract 2025. Mostly Yuck. My man Chester in that list though
Fullbacks 2025.JPG

Eion

First Grade
Going to start getting tough to manage the roster if we keep these top 4 finishes up.
It all comes down to money ball for me. They all play a role from a depth or development signing to a core squad member.
I would want to upgrade to an elite fullback, but realistically we are going to have to up the ante on tricky so probably can’t afford it.

We’ve.managed the roster well so that if anyone wants heaps of money, they are expendable with ok replacements. But I really don’t want to lose tricky with the way he’s come on and I just love Brit.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Going to start getting tough to manage the roster if we keep these top 4 finishes up.
It all comes down to money ball for me. They all play a role from a depth or development signing to a core squad member.
I would want to upgrade to an elite fullback, but realistically we are going to have to up the ante on tricky so probably can’t afford it.

We’ve.managed the roster well so that if anyone wants heaps of money, they are expendable with ok replacements. But I really don’t want to lose tricky with the way he’s come on and I just love Brit.
Yeah upgrades in any position seem a long way off. We have 2 million dollar players. That's a drain if you don't get full value from them and for me full value is an 8/10 game every week.

Weaponhead

Coach
About $2.3m invested in 3 front rowers (AFB, BHU and Toby). Need BHU back to his best. He hasn't played to value in a while.

Special K

Coach
Just on Taukamo when I look at our depth I look at a player who can play fb and wing. Hiroti does a role for his price but he surely wants more and moves on next year. Taukamo is looking good in highlights but I haven't watched the games. Looks like he is a different fella to the one I have been watching when I could catch his games.

Ideally he could fill that gap for us and then some.

Special K

Coach
Back next year but he is a 1/6/3.

My point was more so Taukamo would be above that 1/2 option but if Dykes was out as well we need someone who could play 1 but still help the wings if katoa/ronnie are out with stoney. Can't risk a Rodwell situation again(or putting DA there which isn't ideal).

Surely

Post Whore
Jack Williams flick
Jayden Berrell flick
Billy Burns flick
Niwhai Peru flick
Siteni Taukomo flick
Oregon Kaufusi (Club option and Player option) tick

Brayden Trindall tick
Briton Nikora tick