What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Season Recovery

Juniors
Does anybody have some news regarding injured players and any surgeries that may be booked in the off season.

Saw a tweet that mentioned that Dwyers Surgery went well and that the doc was very hopefull, that's good news for the kid, even if the hope is only for him living a normal life. Footy comes second.

Heard nothing about Farah. Is he still in need of an opp?? Would hate to see him play another season busted.

Maybe Miller can also hit the weights and dose up on some HGH. The recent advances in today's hormone releasing peptides are remarkable. He can do with some size if he's to be our Halfback.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Farah's over in England with the Aus team, so Im guessing he either isnt having surgery or will have it when he gets back & its a relatively short recovery period?

Tiger05

First Grade
Farah's injuries are always there when he is playing poorly but they disappear when he has a good game.

I think his supporters mean form when they say injury.

innsaneink

Referee
Farah's injuries are always there when he is playing poorly but they disappear when he has a good game.

Strange thing to say...we support the TEAM
Seems like your not one of ''his supporters''

That is an enormous load of crap my friend.

Robbie has played through pain on several occasions, he is a tough and respected leader and to say he pretends to be injured to hide poor form is a disgrace.

Tiger05

First Grade
Strange thing to say...we support the TEAM
Seems like your not one of ''his supporters''

No - you have it wrong. I just try and be realistic about our players rather than come up with stories to justify when they are out of form.

Tiger05

First Grade
he is a tough and respected leader and to say he pretends to be injured to hide poor form is a disgrace.

I'm not even sure if it is him but he has been woefully out of form at various periods over the last couple of years and the excuse has always been injuries.

It was simply form and/or him hogging it that was the problem.

I think he turned the corner this finals series. He was good.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
he hasn't been woefully out of form for any extended periods of time.

Running second in the Dally M's in 2010 would attest to that.

Being selected for Australia twice in two years would attest to that.

He, like all players will always fall out of form. He however is in a position where if his forwards don't do their job, he is left largely isolated, especially when we've been carrying an inept halfback for a few years, who only seems to lift his game when we hit the finals.

Tiger05

First Grade
he hasn't been woefully out of form for any extended periods of time.

Running second in the Dally M's in 2010 would attest to that.

That's your opinion - mine is different. To me he was ordinary in 2010 and he was terrible against St George when we lost. I think it was 2007 when he came 2nd in the Dally M and in that year he was unbelievable. I thought he was a better player than Cameron Smith. Since then I think he has had too many mistakes in his game - usually because he hogs it at the wrong time.

I thought this year he was good up until the end of the season. I thought that in the finals he was great. I though Benji was the one who didn't step up.

Juniors
That's your opinion - mine is different. To me he was ordinary in 2010 and he was terrible against St George when we lost. I think it was 2007 when he came 2nd in the Dally M and in that year he was unbelievable. I thought he was a better player than Cameron Smith. Since then I think he has had too many mistakes in his game - usually because he hogs it at the wrong time.

I thought this year he was good up until the end of the season. I thought that in the finals he was great. I though Benji was the one who didn't step up.

Unfortunately when the pressures on he only has 3 options.

1. Give to to a dud in Lui or before him John Morris.
2. Give it to Benji is is more prone to an error
3. Take it himself and try make the correct play

If he had Cronk at first reciever I think he will be better than Cameron Smith, not as good an organizer but a better attacking hooker.

It still burns me that we don't have a cool headed organizing halfback nor have we ever really shopped for one. I'm sure we could have attracted an experienced 7 with some good dough who will be thrilled to play between Farah and Marshall. Not many come to mind that were available at the time we signed Blair but I'm not sure there's any cap space left should one become available mid to late 2012.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Unfortunately when the pressures on he only has 3 options.

1. Give to to a dud in Lui or before him John Morris.
2. Give it to Benji is is more prone to an error
3. Take it himself and try make the correct play

If he had Cronk at first reciever I think he will be better than Cameron Smith, not as good an organizer but a better attacking hooker.

It still burns me that we don't have a cool headed organizing halfback nor have we ever really shopped for one. I'm sure we could have attracted an experienced 7 with some good dough who will be thrilled to play between Farah and Marshall. Not many come to mind that were available at the time we signed Blair but I'm not sure there's any cap space left should one become available mid to late 2012.

I thought Mat Head was a great signing and would have fit the bill as the cool headed organising halfback. He complemented Benji and Robbie's game immensely, but for some reason he barely got a run. It's not the first time that nuffies have been selected in some positions over better players, Moltzen and McDonnell keeping out Gallant, the continuing saga of Ryan on the wing and the poor treatment of Brown in general.

Tiger05

First Grade
I thought Mat Head was a great signing and would have fit the bill as the cool headed organising halfback. He complemented Benji and Robbie's game immensely, but for some reason he barely got a run.

Lots of supporters take the line that we need an organising halfback. I'm not sure if it is true plus Head simply didn't appear to be up to it.

Lots of supporters take the line that we need an organising halfback. I'm not sure if it is true plus Head simply didn't appear to be up to it.

Matty Head wasn't given a fair go in my opinion.

He was just what the doctor ordered for us, but he was never really used properly.

N.C.

Juniors
Another NRL club did pick him up, and he played off the bench for them until he retired.

Latest posts