What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official 2009 Grand Final Game Thread

King-Gutho94

Coach
Gee imagine if we actually won in 2009 it truly would have been the biggest fairytale comeback story in NRL history we may never see.

We were 14th with 8 rounds to go 3 points off the bottom with the 2nd worst F/A in the comp and going nowhere.

The Tigers jagging one in 2005 is probably the closest you could call a fairytale but they came 4th and didn't come as far back as what we had in the last 8-9 weeks to get into the semi finals.

The sad part is considering what Melbourne have done this over the years and especially in 2009 that i look at this years finals series and tbh if Melbourne win it again i couldn't care less its probably the more preferred outcome.

Its more bearable if they do then any of the sydney teams that are in the race.

Manly - Hell No
Canterbury - Hell no sydney may need to go into lockdown if that happens.
Roosters - Not really keen to see them win again
Penrith - Well you have to admire greatness but at the same time getting boring watching them win again.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Too many players from the same era named, this just cheapens the hall of fame. I'm not questioning their selections, but I would've preferred if some of them were named 5, 10 or 15 years down the track.

I mean who's next Gallen? D Boyd? Tedesco? :rolleyes:

Latest posts