What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Aussie 23 man squad

Bumble

First Grade
girvie said:
What do you all think will be our best starting 11. And what style are we going to play?

How about this?
GK; Schwarzer
RB; Neill
CB; Moore
CB; Popovic
LB; Lazaridis
RM; Emerton
CM; Cahill
DM; Grella
LM; Bresciano
ST; Viduka
ST; Kewell

---------Schwarzer------------
Beauchamp-Neill-Moore-Lazaridis
---------Grella--Emerton------
-----Cahill---Culina--Kewell----
---------Viduka (c)-----------=

fish eel

Immortal
Bumble said:
Milicevic better than Beauchamp? No chance!

Milicivic has more than held his own in the champions league for Thun, away from home against sides like Arsenal.

That's a much better pedigree than the A-League.

Macca_

Coach
fish eel said:
GK Schwarzer
CB Moore Beauchamp Neil
WB Emerton, Chipperfield
DB Grella
MC Culina Bresciano
AMC Kewell
CF Viduka
Yeah this would be close to my pick as well. I'm still not a fan of Emma though...

It'll be the same tactics/formation that was used against Uruguay with a few modifications to deal with what each opponent will throw at us.

fish eel

Immortal
I'd maybe even start both Aloisi and Viduka first game because i think Japan would struggle to contain both of them

Bumble

First Grade
fish eel said:
That's a much better pedigree than the A-League.

A couple of games against the big boys reserve teams and a season of playing nuffies in the Swedish? Norwiegian? Whatever... League?

I fail to see how that makes him better than Beauchamp.

fish eel

Immortal
Bumble said:
A couple of games against the big boys reserve teams and a season of playing nuffies in the Swedish? Norwiegian? Whatever... League?

I fail to see how that makes him better than Beauchamp.

Against a season playing....nuffies in the A-league?

I'm sure Macca would vouch for the strength of the gunners side Lubo more than held his own against.

Its irrelevant though, because the Guss has spoken :cool:

Bozo

Juniors
ffs, why are people putting Lazaridas in their sides?

- Out of contract, released by Brum :lol:
- Been in crap form.
- Guus rates Chipperfield higher.
- He controls the ball like a war veteran.

Have people forgotten the 210 mins, Chipperfield put in against Uruguay?

D

Deleted member 10972

Ljubo Milicevic, Ahmad Elrich, David Carney, & that Ceccoli bloke are unlucky to miss out. Milligan is hopeless. Covic vs Jones is close...where's Muscat :D :p

D

Deleted member 10972

GK: Schwarzer
RB: Neill
CB: Popovic
CB: Moore
LB: Chipperfield
RM: Emerton
CM: Grella
CM: Cahill
LM: Kewell
CF: Culina
ST: Viduka

Bozo

Juniors
Indeed sunny, the trick Stan mastered was the kick the ball into space and outsprint his opponent, then put in a wickid cross.

Ari Gold

Bench
----------Scwarzer------------------
---Moore-----Neill-----Chipperfield---
----------Grella----Culina------------
--Emerton----Bresciano------Kewell--
--------Cahill------------------------
---------------Viduka----------------

Good side, Where the hell is Kilkenny though?

fish eel

Immortal
why would you pick kilkenny?

he has come off tghe bench a few times for a team that got relegated.

who would he start ahead off?

Bumble

First Grade
fish eel said:

Because the dumb itie would rather have another midfielder in there than pick Beauchamp...

That said, I'd rather having Kilkenny than Mile f***ing Sterjovski. :x

Apart from that, good squad, could go far.

Bozo

Juniors
Bumble said:
That said, I'd rather having Kilkenny than Mile f***ing Sterjovski.

Mile is a pretty good player, Farina used him as a target man, however Mile is actually a right-winger. Vidmar looked incompetent under Frank, Guus got the best out of him, same will happen with Mile, tbh.

btw, Kilkenny>Wilkshire.

bowen_1

Juniors
------------Schwarzer-----------
Neill—Moore—Popovic—Chipperfield
---------------Grella-------------
Emerton-------Cahill-----Bresciano
------Kewell----------Viduka-----

Macca_

Coach
fish eel said:
I'm sure Macca would vouch for the strength of the gunners side Lubo more than held his own against.
FC Thun surprised a lot of people in the group stage of the champions league. And yes, Arsenal had a strong lineup in both matches against them. Not sure why anyone would think teams would play the reserves i nthe CL...

fish eel

Immortal
Bozo said:
Mile is a pretty good player, Farina used him as a target man, however Mile is actually a right-winger. Vidmar looked incompetent under Frank, Guus got the best out of him, same will happen with Mile, tbh.

btw, Kilkenny>Wilkshire.

I agree.

Mile left Australia as a striker, but has carved a nice little niche for himself in Europe, first with Lille, now with Basel.

He has got experience of going deep into the UEFA Cup with Basel....and Champions league experience with both Lille and Basel.

Obviously Australia are light on for World Cup experience. Having players who have some good experience of continental football will be very valuable.

And yeah, Kilkenny might be a better p[layer than Wilkshire, but Wilkshire is probably going there as a holding midfielder....back up to Grella.

Ari Gold

Bench
fish eel said:

he has come off tghe bench a few times for a team that got relegated.

who would he start ahead off?

i meant why he wasn't selected in the squad, surely he should've been ahead of Wilkshire

Popovic shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line-up, he hasn't been able to get off the bench for his 2nd Div club side.

lockyno1

Post Whore
robyalvaro said:
Popovic shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line-up, he hasn't been able to get off the bench for his 2nd Div club side.

I imagine RONALDINIO is a very happy man with this news!:(