What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Forum - Great Timing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallagher

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Closed down because of a lot of extremely negative posts from a lot of angry members and to let people cool down...as i said I dont agree with it...

Not having a go at you here Ink, you've said you disagree with it. thanks for the honesty.

why does is say 'maintenance'? who's decision was it?
Negative posts???? give it up then, dont have a forum or at all.

Goebbels ?
Trotsky ?
Marshall Stalin (the original one not the LU one) ?
Ceaucescu ?
Lenin (not Lennon) ?
Chairman Mao ?
Kim Jong Il ?
Chemical Ali ?

If such actions are taken how can important issues like `best fitzy donut' or `best fitzy banner' be discussed rationally

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Kul Really?? hmmmm thats interesting given I never spoke with you, I wasn't at the game, I was the only Admin on the palce who could have closed it down last night and mods can't close the forum down either (you help setup the mod privlages remember when you were an admin :roll:).

If anyone has an issue with it going down take it up to the club. They actually recomended we close the forum down for a period after a loss a while back. Other official forums apperantly do it as well.

The forum was closed down initially because of the amount of crap mainly being posted by other fans and trolls, we arn't talking about 10 or so posts we are talking about over 100 guests and close to 40+ new users spaming the crap out of the place at one stage the queues had triple figures of crap in them including some images which well wouldn't be allowed even on this forum!!!!. The security patch applied will resolve that issue in future.

The board was going to be offline at some stage during the week regarding maintaince anyway. Scripting on the backend was changed last night and again this morning (security, images, setup etc) and testing was completed.

Initially the Offline message on the forum only stated a time and duration, until I decieded to do the scripting changes during this period as well was when this message was changed.

Testing has been completed and the forum is back online now.

Why was he deposed ?
Was it for spelling sense `sence'
There should be public hangings for such heinous (no relation to Heighno) spelling

innsaneink

Referee
Estoboy said:
lol

its not coincidence
had chat to one of the mods about 20 minutes before full time
basically the convo went like this:

"wow, the forum will be sh*t this week"
"yeah, as soon as i get home i'm going to close it for 24 hours"
"fair enough, too much sh*t to deal with ey?"
"yeah, pretty much, i don't get paid to do it, the club is stinge"

:^o[-X

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have none of you learnt?

I've told a number of you repeatedly, along with a thread right at the top of this forum explaining that bitching about the offical tigers forum, or any other forum for that matter, won't be tolerated here.

We are not a place for you to air your grievances over some other site. If you have a problem there, you have two options, deal with the mods/admin that run that site, or just don't go there.

End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts