What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official: Redcliffe Dolphins to join NRL in 2023

azza29

Juniors
I guess we already have St George-Illawarra Dragons, no reason they can't be the Brisbane-Moreton-Sunshine State Dolphins

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
If this ends up as the club badge, I think they will have done very well!!!

The Dolphins have just one name.

American College Football font (unique to the NRL, so I like it) and the simple clean badge (just like the Souths Bunny) will be perfect on the field

blaza88z

Coach
I guess we already have St George-Illawarra Dragons, no reason they can't be the Brisbane-Moreton-Sunshine State Dolphins

I see what you are saying and I like where you are going with it, Melbourne should absolutely merge with "The Dolphins"

MugaB

Coach
I see what you are saying and I like where you are going with it, Melbourne should absolutely merge with "The Dolphins"
Hahaha, as i was reading this, i could feel the hate steaming out the ears of blaza88z
The Rivalry has begun

MugaB

Coach
Manly-Warringah Dolphins
Canterbury-Bankstown Dolphins
Cronulla-Sutherland Dolphins
St.George-Illawarra Dolphins
Moreton-Sunny Coast Dolphins
Maybe?

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Such a missed opportunity imo.
This team won't bring any new fans to the game, preaching to the choir.

Perth or South Island NZ would have grown the game.

No a second Brisbane team is well and truly overdue by at least a couple of decades, but better late then never.

However they should have brought in Perth along side it. Both team need to be in the NRL like decades ago and it would also give the NRL that most important 9th game that they then could use to fund so much of our junior development programs that are now nonexistent, just like the AFL does.

And don't give me that bull crap that there isn't enough talent. It has never stopped the AFL.

kdalymc

Bench
f**k me dead this mob is backward.

“We want to make sure we’ve got broader appeal and whether that’s a more contemporary look and feel, it’s because we’re a national NRL club and the Redcliffe Dolphins will remain and play in the Q-Cup.”

Reader pointed to the Rabbitohs’ famous bunny logo to highlight the impact a single symbol or name can have across the game.

“This (one name) has become everyone’s favourite question,” Reader said.

“When you think about it - you think about South Sydney, and our Dolphin will be on our jersey with no words like the (Souths) bunny which is everywhere now.

“We’ve worked with a really good brand agency who do stuff with some of the biggest companies in the world.

“The Bunnies have done it - their logo is just the white bunny.”

South Sydney does have a white bunny yes, buy they also have a name....
Not the same bruv

mongoose

Coach
New York and Sydney are both the business capitals of their countries and both have famous bridges and celebrated architecture. Melbourne is full of old money like Boston.

yeah Sydney is also a lot nicer than LA.... and Melbourne isn't anywhere near as culturally significant or built up as NY, it's more like Chicago or Boston... Brisbane would be Atlanta IMO- big spread out, humid, pretty decent CBD but not particularly memorable

big hit!

Bench
It has that effect. Wasn't a fan at all the first time I heard "Sunshine State Dolphins" but now I kinda love it.

The more I think about it, the more I agree.

Given North Queensland exist, and there is also Queensland Origin, using the word Queensland will dilute its own brand significantly.

Sunshine State is a well-known moniker for Queensland. It also plays to the region of the Sunshine Coast. And the Dolphins brand is strong in Brisbane generally.

It's not like it hasn't worked elsewhere either. Golden State Warriors in the NBA is basically the same thing - California is nicknamed the Golden State in the USA.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
For everyone complaining that they are dropping "Redcliffe", I would point the these locationless teams with their tiny and angry fanbases..............

270px-Logo_on_NZ_Warriors.png
Gl_Kpma4.jpg
1634262887026.jpeg1634263102665.jpeg
images

Latest posts