What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official: Redcliffe Dolphins to join NRL in 2023

T-Boon

Coach
Awesome that the dolphins are in, but:
1. Nrl has confirmed the area is not tied to a region
2. Home games will be played out of suncorp
Essentially the NRL has just added a 2nd brisbane team without admitting they are a brisbane team

and now the clowns AT redcliffe are saying ohh nooo its just dolphins for now, not redcliffe
there are AFL teams from towns with less than 20k people ffs.
just call it redcliffe dolphins
Most people disagree with you. It is in fact a good thing that the team represents all of Brisbane. That was the main point of this expansion.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
@The Great Dane Well mate, I told you that Redcliffe will be Brisbane 2 about 18 months ago. You told me that it was impossible to tell and were pretty arrogant and dismissive about it (in your usual style). I ended that conversation by telling you that I'll let you know when (not if) Redcliffe get the nod.

So here is that day.

To be fair, @The Great Dane has been a fairly balanced, well-rounded poster in the many disparate expansion threads. S/he has always put links, and reasonable arguments forward for each. I've enjoyed reading these threads over the past few years too. I think we can all agree, that most (I won't say all) on here love RL and only want to see what is best for the game, and whilst we can't always agree, there's always respect.

ACTPanthers

Bench
@The Great Dane Well mate, I told you that Redcliffe will be Brisbane 2 about 18 months ago. You told me that it was impossible to tell and were pretty arrogant and dismissive about it (in your usual style). I ended that conversation by telling you that I'll let you know when (not if) Redcliffe get the nod.

So here is that day.
Now here's a guy who can hold a grudge... ;)

blaza88z

Coach
It has to be called the Redcliffe Dolphins or that inspiration little theme they are going with about the 72 years is null and void

kdalymc

Bench
Most people disagree with you. It is in fact a good thing that the team represents all of Brisbane. That was the main point of this expansion.
Aslong as there isn't 2 teams called "brisbane" I don't really care..

I hope they get all has-beens and no names like every expansion team did in 1995

Loose Cannon

Bench
Still hoping the club decides on a geographic identity, and one which is not too broad.

Also, a new dolphin logo that doesn’t look like a Disney character.