What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official RLWC Draw

roughyedspud

Coach
that'll cost a bomb scubby...

i'm doing

eng v png - townsville
eng v aus - melbourne
euro A v rep - sydney (parramatta)
eng v nz - newcastle
?? v ?? - sydney (penrith)
semi final - brisbane
final - brisbane

should be alright....

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Im doing

Aus V NZ - Sydney
Tonga V Euro A1 - Parra
Repechage Winner V - Penrith
Fiji V France - Wollongong
Aus V Eng - Melbourne
Either Euro a2 V fiji at CC or Euro A1 V Rep at Parra
Eng V NZ - Newcastle
3 V 3 - Penrith
Semi Final 2 - Sydney
Final - Brisbane

bartman

Immortal
Glad it's seeming real now! All considerations aside, hopefully interest will increase over the next year and this will be a good and profitable tournament.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
Im doing

Aus V NZ - Sydney
Tonga V Euro A1 - Parra
Repechage Winner V - Penrith
Fiji V France - Wollongong
Aus V Eng - Melbourne
Either Euro a2 V fiji at CC or Euro A1 V Rep at Parra
Eng V NZ - Newcastle
3 V 3 - Penrith
Semi Final 2 - Sydney
Final - Brisbane

I salute you. I don't share the same dedication but i'll be at the matches in Sydney, Penrith etc.

Scubby

Juniors
roughyedspud said:
that'll cost a bomb scubby...

i'm doing

eng v png - townsville
eng v aus - melbourne
euro A v rep - sydney (parramatta)
eng v nz - newcastle
?? v ?? - sydney (penrith)
semi final - brisbane
final - brisbane

should be alright....

Luckily, I am absolutely loaded :lol:

Poul

Juniors
Scubby said:
Coming over from the UK for this one.

I aim to be at;

Eng v PNG (Oct 25)
Aus v NZ (Oct 26)
Tonga v Euro 1 (Oct 27)
Rep v Tonga (Oct 31)
Fra v Fiji (Nov 1)
Eng v Aus (Nov 2)
Euro A v Rep (Nov 5)
Eng v NZ (Nov 8)
PNG v Aus (Nov 9)
Semi Final Qualifier (Nov 10)
Semi Final 1 (Nov 15)
Semi Final 2 (Nov 16)
Final (Nov 22)

Yes, it will be tiring. Yes, it will be fantastic. :D

I'm also hoping to get maximum value by attending 13 out of the 18 games.
With double fixtures occurring on 5 game days, it may appear that 13 matches will be the maximum number that can be attended. This will depend on what times of the day each two matches are played. I'm assuming that the "Super Pool" matches will be played at night (@7:30pm), but I wonder about the other pool matches. If they are played in the afternoon (@3:00pm), it may be possible to attend some (although not all, due to distance and time constraints) of these two matches in one day. So, in theory, it may be possible to attend the match in Canberra on Sunday October 26th, and just have time to make it to the SFS for the kick off between Australia and New Zealand. I guess the opening ceremony would just have to be sacrificed! It may be a tougher ask to get from Wollongong to the Gold Coast on Sunday 9th November for the Australia v PNG match.
I would have assumed that the Wednesday 5th November games being played at Parramatta and Gosford will both be at night and therefore it would be impossible to get to both. Also the matches on Saturday November 8th in Rockhampton (even if this were to be played in the afternoon) and in Newcastle between England and New Zealand, wouldn't leave enough time to get to both. It wouldn't be possible to get from Penrith to Townsville on Sunday 9th November and see both matches. So, I'll be waiting till they release the times for every fixture before I start booking my tickets, airfares
and accommodation. I've already had a look at some flight schedules, and 13 matches is quite doable, and not necessarily that expensive, especially as they can be booked well in advance. And if the times are right, 15 matches may be possible. I'm really looking forward to it :crazy:

brendothejet

First Grade
i'm looking at 12 matches doing some serious velocity frequent flyer points in the process.

i think everyone on LU that is going to matches should create some sort of group and we can meet up before/after games and drink beers and tell tall tales...

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Yuppers, closer to there we'll create stickys (it may require in a WC forum for each game)

If we really want to test our hand and we get numbers approaching 50-100, perhaps a group purchase for a discount.

I'm still debating whether to come a week early and catch 3 more NSW games.

Poul

Juniors
Does anyone know what the kick off times are for each match? I understand that these are in the RLWC news letter, to which I have only just subscribed.
If all the matches are at night, with the earliest kick off times at 5:00pm, then I guess it won't be possible to attend two matches in one day. Therefore, it would seem that 13 will indeed be the lucky number, for the maximum number of games I will be able to attend.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
brendothejet said:
i'm looking at 12 matches doing some serious velocity frequent flyer points in the process.

i think everyone on LU that is going to matches should create some sort of group and we can meet up before/after games and drink beers and tell tall tales...

International RL and i were discussing this too...

screeny

Bench
brendothejet said:

But we should all wear paper bags over our heads to maintain an air of nystery....I know if Angle didn't turn up in pink leotard and mask I for one would be crestfallen.

Poul

Juniors
Poul said:
Does anyone know what the kick off times are for each match? I understand that these are in the RLWC news letter, to which I have only just subscribed.
If all the matches are at night, with the earliest kick off times at 5:00pm, then I guess it won't be possible to attend two matches in one day. Therefore, it would seem that 13 will indeed be the lucky number, for the maximum number of games I will be able to attend.

With the kick off times now released, it would appear that the maximum number of games that can be attended is 14. It should be possible, just, to attend the match in Gosford on Wedneday 5th November between Euro 2 v Fiji which has a 5:25pm kick off,see the entire match, which should finish @7:00pm, then get to Parramatta Stadium in time (assuming no hold ups on the freeway nor getting pulled over for speeding ;-) )for the 7:55pm kick off in the match between Euro 1 v Repechage winner.

So, now my aim is at getting to 14 matches. I want to go to all the "Super Pool" matches, and yet I also want to get to see every team play. I particularly wanted to get to see France, but if I go to all the "super Pool" matches I would miss their 2 pool matches in Canberra and Wollongong respectively. And if they fail to win their pool, I wouldn't get to see them at all :( , as I won't be going to the ranking matches in Rockhampton and Penrith. Decisions, decisions :?

Kurt Angle

First Grade
screeny said:
But we should all wear paper bags over our heads to maintain an air of nystery....I know if Angle didn't turn up in pink leotard and mask I for one would be crestfallen.

:lol:

jamesgould

Juniors
Does anyone know which semi final is which? I assume one is the group A winner vs the other group qualifier, and the other is group A second placed vs group A third placed, but which one is which?

I can't find the info anywhere ...

Way back when they announced the original draw and the Suncorp Stadium grand final it was like this:

Semi Final 1 is 2nd Pool A v 3rd Pool A
Semi Final 2 is 1st Pool A v (Winner 1st Pool B v 1st Pool C)

I assume that's still the case.