What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official team V Souths

roopy

Referee
If Simon Williams keeps improving he will get there before Pete.
It's hard for him to shine in a pretty ordinary side, but i've seen half a dozen great runs from him this year - and Kev Naiquama has also improved a lot.

Rolla

Juniors
I'd like to see pete get a run while we have nothing to lose. It is game we are expected to lose, and he will be replacing players in wes and lulia that are expected to be poor. So he can't make things worse. Also he will have 4 weeks to really see what its like in firstgrade, so if he isnt great he doesn't get hoiked straight away damaging his confidence. It seems the perfect time, regardless of his form... Sometimes form can just change and things like this can bring that change about. What we are doing now isn't working so grow some f**king balls and try something else knights.

Shanky

Juniors
out of curiousity, does anyone know who will kick on the weekend? i'd imagine naiqama could take the job again now that he should start for mad dog, but dureau did well against the panthers. just hoping to figure it out for my fantasy team.

Adsy

Juniors
Pete's the future. Wes is not. Give Pete a run. Him an Aku could be lethal if given time.

Also what is with so many people not ever seeing Pete play a game? He has been playing in the game before first grade for 3 years now. Even if you dont go to the games live he has been on tv probably 9 or 10 times.

slammingsam

Juniors
I am a Souths fan but keep an eye on other teams 20s and lower grades.
Pete has it all really - everything a player needs to succeed he has.

Ive watched Pete a few times and im pretty sure he is not a hole running centre - the key to him would be to give him early ball and let him use his footwork and strength. The " outball " which Hodges gets alot from Lockyer would also be good for him to use his balance to beat his man.

I think Mullen would suit Pete perfectly. Mullen throws a great early ball and have seen him throw many great passes to Mad Dog.

I also think the club needs to settle on his best possie ( i think centre ).

roopy

Referee
I am a Souths fan but keep an eye on other teams 20s and lower grades.
Pete has it all really - everything a player needs to succeed he has.

Ive watched Pete a few times and im pretty sure he is not a hole running centre - the key to him would be to give him early ball and let him use his footwork and strength. The " outball " which Hodges gets alot from Lockyer would also be good for him to use his balance to beat his man.

I think Mullen would suit Pete perfectly. Mullen throws a great early ball and have seen him throw many great passes to Mad Dog.

I also think the club needs to settle on his best possie ( i think centre ).
Very good assessment.
I think the club has wasted a chance to make him into a half or 5/8 because he has vision and skills - more so than his brothers - who are more obviously born to be outside backs.
I think he could be a very good fullback as well.
I don't think wing is his thing, he doesn't have blinding speed, and he likes to be involved a lot and set up other players.
Centre or fullback are his spots, but we could have turned him into a half if he was given the chance a few years ago.

League_God

Juniors
To me , while Pete might not be this seasons ' star ' of the NYC, his talent and potential above anyone else in that team still stands out like dogs balls - in form or not.

Defensively he is a tough bastard and well advanced for his age. And in attack he shows strength levels way beyond that befitting of a guy his size. His fend is a stand out.

I look beyond his personal form. How are the NYC playing as a team? What style of football are they playing? Does their style of football show off the talents of Pete and give him the opportunity to stand out?

Is he getting quality ball from his halves? ( who are to be honest very good ball hogs )

The style of football the Knights have been playing in NYC has often been based right up the middle. The fullback featuring around the rucks.

But the fullback is 2010's new ball hog, and while he looks great in NYC, he is as far away from being picked for first grade as it gets.

All of this affects the chances of Pete being a superstar at NYC level.

Based on his skills and talent, he is by far and away the most NRL ready of the bunch.

That Josh Alomai lazy bugger ain't even close to the NRL until his own attitude changes on the field. But as you pointed out, Josh has plenty of quality players preventing him from playing 1sts.

Pete Mata Utia has Wes Naiqama.

It's time to give the kid a go.

that karma was absolute poetry haha
very well written i agree with you 100% also.

Last edited: