What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official team VS Manly

Balmain_Boy

Sinclair said:
MCDONNELL BACK FOR MANLY GAME

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens has named his team to play Manly at Brookvale Oval on Friday, June 9, at 7.30pm, in round 14 of the Telstra Premiership.

Shannon McDonnell has overcome a rib injury and has been named at full-back for Brett Hodgson, who is unavailable due to Origin selection.

Shane Elford is back from a shoulder injury and returns to the centres to replace the injured Paul Whatuira.

Scott Prince has been named captain with Robbie Farah the vice-captain.

1 Shannon McDonnell
2 Taniela Tuiaki
3 Dene Collis
4 Shane Elford
5 Michael Crockett
6 Benji Marshall
7 Scott Prince ©
8 Ryan O'Hara
9 Robbie Farah (vc)
10 John Skandalis
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Todd Payten
13 Jamaal Lolesi

14 Stuart Flanagan
15 Chris Heighington
16 Bryce Gibbs
17 Ben Galea

Casualty Ward
Rocky Trimarchi (shoulder, rd 16)
Dene Halatau (ankle, rd 17)
Paul Whatuira (hamstring, rd 17)
Daniel Fitzhenry (collarbone, rd 19)
Liam Fulton (shoulder, season)

No real surprises in the team; I expected Elford to be moved back into the centres. We certainly have a lot of depth when a premiership winning centre is replaced by another.

I must say, Tuesdays have fast become terrific since Fitzhenry has been injured. What a delight not seeing his name on the team sheet.

chopsy_05

Juniors
Good side. Benny G seemed to be struggling towards the end of the Cowboys game perhaps thats what has kept him on the bench. Totally agree about Fitzy makes Tuesday alot more bareable!

brook

First Grade
Its not the team I would have chosen - flanagan is a waste of a bench spot seeing as sheens has shown no desire to try him in the halves. I would have liked to have seen him replaced with an extra forward (perhaps Metuisela or Katu who have both been tearing it up for Balmain)

I also was keen to see Jeffery get a run at fullback but McDonnell will not let anyone down so can't really argue with that as long as he's really fit.

Cletus

First Grade
Just out of curiosity, where is Benji defending these days? Is he still defending as a winger?

tiger_jack said:
Good side but the back line worry's me

McDonnell - 3 games
TNT - 3 games
Collis - About 15?
Crockett- 6?

Elford is the only one out of the back 5 with considerable experience. To that extent I'm happy that he's back and in his preffered position at centre

mulvihill

Juniors
Stephenson hicks matai have played heaps of games and they're crap. Gimme the likes of Collis, Crockett, Shannon and TnT over Manly's assortment of hacks

Mighty Tiger

Bench
TV Ted Ellery said:
McDonnell - 3 games
TNT - 3 games
Collis - About 15?
Crockett- 6?

Elford is the only one out of the back 5 with considerable experience. To that extent I'm happy that he's back and in his preffered position at centre

The good news about the backline is this

McDonnell - playing in his best position and the one he was selected 1st choice for NSW under 19 reps
TnT - played nearly 2yrs as a backrower defence won't be a problem and as you have now seen his ball running isn't either
Collis - is class has matched it with the best and often out played his more hyped up oposite number (Gasnier, Tahu for example)
Crockett - played most of his time in the centers and can defend

Defence will win us this game especially when the chances of a wet track is high, the backs defence doesn't worry me and given how well they have all adapted to the side indicates they are very well drilled by Sheens which doesn't worry me with the attacking plays either

Maybe with Fatts out this week we will actually see TnT get the ball in the 1st half.

Cletus

First Grade
mulvihill said:
Stephenson hicks matai have played heaps of games and they're crap. Gimme the likes of Collis, Crockett, Shannon and TnT over Manly's assortment of hacks

I hope you're putting your humble pie in the oven before kick off:lol: .
That sort of inexperience in the backline is going to be a huge problem for the Tiges.