What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Teams vs Knights

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Wagon made 52 tackles in the middle of the feild last week. Many may not acknowledge this but it is very important.

When Brian dropped Luke a few weeks ago many were criticsing him, he cant win either way.

ParraMatt

Bench
Its an alright team, Im not complaining, I would do a few new changes but look, We are underdogs, Let's just hope they all stand up and are ready to play.

CrazyEel

Bench
AlexTheEel said:
Usually you do get moved alot in the backline when you are a utility back Misty. I dont get some of you people you call for change, now you complain about too much change.
That team does not represent change, other than Witt and Jack it's a return to the status quo with the resurection of Dykes, Peterson and Langi :roll:

eelman03

Juniors
Parraren said:
Well Alex if Brian could finally acknowledge that Luke Burt is not only completely OUT OF FORM but also NOT A CENTRE then i'd at the very least still hold some hope that he knows what he's doing. His selections do not offer us alot of confidence, pure and simple.

If we are that desperate for centres why doesn't he throw Wagon back there in the No. 4 since he's played there before and often covered for Vaealiki in 2000-2002? We have about 1000 Locks to cover for Wagon at 13.

It is common knowledge that Burt played ALL his football before grade at centre. He is more of a centre than winger.

I agree, with AL. Changes......what the f***. No changes.....what the f****.

Some of you just want to winge for the sake of it.

I have been on this forum since 2001, and of about 90 odd weekly team line ups released only a handfull have received any approval from many here.

Are you sure you dont have pommy blood in you. Bloody Whingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent Mulder

Bench
I wasn't complaining when Burt was dropped...He is A SHIT center,Gidley will have a FIELD day.

Petersen? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knights By 38.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
CrazyEel said:
AlexTheEel said:
Usually you do get moved alot in the backline when you are a utility back Misty. I dont get some of you people you call for change, now you complain about too much change.
That team does not represent change, other than Witt and Jack it's a return to the status quo with the resurection of Dykes, Peterson and Langi :roll:

I was more talking about the complaint of Graham moving from 3 to 4 to 2.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
eelman03 said:
Parraren said:
Well Alex if Brian could finally acknowledge that Luke Burt is not only completely OUT OF FORM but also NOT A CENTRE then i'd at the very least still hold some hope that he knows what he's doing. His selections do not offer us alot of confidence, pure and simple.

If we are that desperate for centres why doesn't he throw Wagon back there in the No. 4 since he's played there before and often covered for Vaealiki in 2000-2002? We have about 1000 Locks to cover for Wagon at 13.

It is common knowledge that Burt played ALL his football before grade at centre. He is more of a centre than winger.

I agree, with AL. Changes......what the f***. No changes.....what the f****.

Some of you just want to winge for the sake of it.

I have been on this forum since 2001, and of about 90 odd weekly team line ups released only a handfull have received any approval from many here.

Are you sure you dont have pommy blood in you. Bloody Whingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly mate. Parramatta supporters must be among the worst whingers in the game.

Parraren

Bench

:lol: What a classic!

Have you noticed the coincidence that we've also struggled since 2001?

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't like this side. I can't see us improving on last week. I doubt one game in first division is enough for Dykes and Langi to regain some confidence. Not sure Thorman deserved to be dropped. Burt and Graham switching roles, well ok...

CrazyEel

Bench
AlexTheEel said:
I was more talking about the complaint of Graham moving from 3 to 4 to 2.
Sorry Alex, I misunderstood

AlexTheEel said:
Exactly mate. Parramatta supporters must be among the worst whingers in the game.
LOL, nah, we are just harder makers with higher standards than other rabble :lol: :lol:

yy_cheng

Coach
We were better with the 2 locks strategy!! Hahahhaa!

At least we could play for 50 mins then.

But seriously, I wonder whether Brett Andersen lost any confidence playing last week.

Dykes/Witt probably is better than Dykes/Thorman though as Dykes/Thorman are too alike.

The Witt try last week had shades of a young Brett Kenny.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
On the official site if you click above the team there is an interview with BS and why the selections were made.

More importantly, to me, he states the difference between fans and supporters.

He tells how some of the fans are not supprting the club, with the booing and rallies.

He actually made sense to me.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Alex, name one other back in the NRL that plays 3 different positions in 3 bloody weeks?

GAME FIRST

Juniors
PARRA DONT LOOK HALF DANGEROUS WITH THE BALL - I CANNOT FATHOM WAGON GETTING THE BALL FIRST RECEIVER AS HE DOES- NO SHARPNESS IN THE CENTRES AS WELL AS NO CLEAN,CLASSY BALL FROM THE HALVES-ITS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR A LONG TIME

ARE WE SUPPORTERS FOOLS- SMITHY CANNOT COACH AS WE HAVE GOOD PLAYERS IN A SOLID SQUAD AND SHOULD HAVE WON AND PLAYED BETTER FOR TWO YEARS NOW!!!

HOW MUCH LONGER DOES SMITHY NEED AND THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF A POSITIVE CHANGE!!!

GAME FIRST

Juniors
ALE YOU ARE SENSIBLE AND SIMPLE-PITTY SMITHY HAS NOT GOT THE SAME IDEOLOGY

SURELY OUR SIDE CAN BE COACHED BETTER THAN THEY ARE- WE HAVE A GOOD SQUAD AND NOT PLAYING LIKE IT AND THE STYLE OR INTENT TO PLAY DIFFERENT IS NOT THERE- COMFORT ZONE MAYBE?
SMITHYS IDEAS LIKELY!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
The Knights team

1. Matthew Gidley
2. Craig Hall
3. Timana Tahu
4. George Carmont
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Steven Witt
7. Kurt Gidley
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus (c)
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Clint Newton
12. Andrew Price
13. Michael Ennis

Interchange:
14. Matt Parsons
15. Matthew Kennedy
16. Reegan Tanner
17. Riley Brown

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Alex, name one other back in the NRL that plays 3 different positions in 3 bloody weeks?

Really he has only played one poision. That is centre. The change was on which side of the feild. This week he will play wing.

Amos Roberts played wing, then moved to fullback when Wesser was on origin duty, then moved to halfback during Sundays's game.

Some others whoc play more then one position maybe not every week are:

-Mick De Vere
-Luke Lewis
-Billy Slater
-Matt Geyer
-Anthony Minicehllo
-Chris Walker
-Justin Hodges
-Karmichael Hunt
-Adam MacDougall
-Jamaal Lolesi
-Joel Monaghan
-Reece Simmonds
.............................. and many more

These are what you call utility backs. They can cover most poisiton in the backline.Maybe not all of their clubs require them to switch position 3 weeks in a row but I'm sure they would if they needed to.

Latest posts