What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
next weeks game could be at either Kogorah or Belmoreand we may have finished 4th but cant confirm it as yet.

the following players impressed me the most.

Jerome Mackenzie: this kid is a full time off season away from first grade, he's great on his feet and has talant to burn, I'm told that Nolan is on top of it all.

Esi Tonga: solid as usual and caused the opposition a lot of headaches.

Jason Wehbe: engimatic, can turn a game on it's head either way but today was a great architect.

Taulima Tautai: played like a regular first grader only problem was he isn't, this the best I've ever seen him and Manly found it very difficult to handle him at times, why he can't replicate that form in first grade is beyond me.

POH: was very damaging on the right edge and created many opportinities to his outside men, probably the best I've seen from him.

Lancen Joudo: was very classy out of dummy half and caused some damage but will have to make way for smith.

Nathan Smith, Taulima Tautai, Taniela Lassalo, Jake Mullaney and Justin Horo wiil qualify for the finals.

natheel

Coach
Been hearing whebes name for a few years and seen him play a few times. Do you think we may see him in firsts under Ricky?

natheel

Coach
he wasn't part of SK's plans not sure if sticky can do anything with him.

just thought he could be as Ricky enjoys working with the juniors etc but with Kelly and Sandow our main options and Benny Roberts as backup i'd say Wehbe may have to either wait for injury or look elsewhere. Oh and i'm sure we will see Hayne in the 6 at some time in the pre-season/early rounds.

Can McKenzie play on the wing you think to start stags? its hard because we have a few fullbacks in Hayne then Mullaney as second choice now McKenzie. Its good we have competition for spots though especially under a coach like Stuart.

I know he won't play favourites (we may see Hayne on the wing for all we know)

Stagger eel

Staff member
just thought he could be as Ricky enjoys working with the juniors etc but with Kelly and Sandow our main options and Benny Roberts as backup i'd say Wehbe may have to either wait for injury or look elsewhere. Oh and i'm sure we will see Hayne in the 6 at some time in the pre-season/early rounds.

Can McKenzie play on the wing you think to start stags? its hard because we have a few fullbacks in Hayne then Mullaney as second choice now McKenzie. Its good we have competition for spots though especially under a coach like Stuart.

I know he won't play favourites (we may see Hayne on the wing for all we know)

you can also add Jason Seage who is a real PJ Marsh style of player and even Nathan Smith is capable of playing pivot.

oh yes, Mackenzie is a good winger and should be where his strength is I am deadly serious when I tell you that he's a first grader ready to happen, the opposing fullback was Michael Oldfield who already played some first grade and was no where near as good as Jerome was although he was behind a busted side...

I hope they show highl;ights of yesterdays game on the eels website because what you'll see will leave you scratching your head, particulalry Taulima's tries.

natheel

Coach
Taulimas always had the potential and now he's bigger he has a bit more size to throw around. His try against tigers was a good example of what he can do when charging at the line but he just doesn't seem to get going

Stagger eel

Staff member
Taulimas always had the potential and now he's bigger he has a bit more size to throw around. His try against tigers was a good example of what he can do when charging at the line but he just doesn't seem to get going

maybe he's a decent coach away from being a really good first grader...who knows, it just puzzls me how a guy can do what he did against the Tigers than back it up with some ordinary play.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i think so but he resigned early on so never got to coach him properly. He did ok for the sharks in the backrow.

He did alright for us on the wing in 2008 when he won club rookie of the year.

He was a shit finisher with shit hands (and thus no good as a winger) but he was great in the go-forward department - he averaged 140m per game as a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.