What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartman

Immortal
We could even call it 3.1 matches with Hayne.

Although not sure Burt being in the side warrants mention when it comes to factors which will decide the game!
Fair enough on the 3.1 games.

The reason I mention Burt is despite his physical deficits in the modern game (and sometimes his execution), he is one of our key on-field thinkers in terms of attack (and defence). It's absurd Kearney hasn't had our for best attacking thinkers line up together in the first two months, and drops Sandow to prevent it happening this week!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair enough on the 3.1 games.

The reason I mention Burt is despite his physical deficits in the modern game (and sometimes his execution), he is one of our key on-field thinkers in terms of attack (and defence). It's absurd Kearney hasn't had our for best attacking thinkers line up together in the first two months, and drops Sandow to prevent it happening this week!

I don't think footy brains are as important on the wing as strength and speed. This is why I reckon the only position Burt offers anything these days is at fullback.

bartman

Immortal
I don't think footy brains are as important on the wing as strength and speed. This is why I reckon the only position Burt offers anything these days is at fullback.
That would be true, if the coach had something called a gameplan and an ability to train the team in said gameplan during the week.

But under our current situation, I think we need as many footy brains on the field on game day as we can to get close to win. With Blair able to play centre, if that means Burt instead of E. Tonga or Morgan being pushed to a wing then I'm all for it.

Suitman

Post Whore
That would be true, if the coach had something called a gameplan and an ability to train the team in said gameplan during the week.

I know it's just your opinion and you are more than entitled to it, but how do YOU know he doesn't?

Suity

bartman

Immortal
None of us KNOW anything Suity, and thank you for verifying that people are entitled to their opinions. But if we let that stop us from posting our opinions on any matter, this internet forum would be empty of any discussion - or perhaps empty of any discussion that didn't just toe an official club media release line?

What's your opinion (as opposed to your questions) - on whether Kearney is good at gameplans, or on whether Burt's footy brains will be useful to have on the wing while Sandow is at Wenty?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Do you think it's possible that a man who has played nearly 300 games, and learnt from a series of great coaches throughout his career, and then spent years apprenticed under the coach who has developed one of the most professional outfits in the NRL, wouldn't have a gameplan or be able to train his team in said gameplan?

And if you think it's possible, do you think it's likely?

And do you think it's possible that such an inept fool would be able to get a job as an assistant NRL coach, or coach of his national team, or coach of an NRL club?

Is it possible that so many organisations could be wrong about him, given his 20+ years involved with first grade, and the vast amount of time for these stakeholders to decide whether or not he had what it takes to coach a club?

Do you think maybe it's possible that through all the opportunities he has had to show the league world whether or not he is an idiot, that he has passed every test, and that is why he has been given the series of opportunities required to become an NRL coach?

And if it's possible, do you think it's likely?

Stagger eel

Staff member
just a reminder to those who care.

Ringrose Today

1:20 Wenty V Enterance (Bundy Cup)

3:00 Wenty V Vulcans (State Cup)

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Do you think it's possible that a man who has played nearly 300 games, and learnt from a series of great coaches throughout his career, and then spent years apprenticed under the coach who has developed one of the most professional outfits in the NRL, wouldn't have a gameplan or be able to train his team in said gameplan?

And if you think it's possible, do you think it's likely?

And do you think it's possible that such an inept fool would be able to get a job as an assistant NRL coach, or coach of his national team, or coach of an NRL club?

Is it possible that so many organisations could be wrong about him, given his 20+ years involved with first grade, and the vast amount of time for these stakeholders to decide whether or not he had what it takes to coach a club?

Do you think maybe it's possible that through all the opportunities he has had to show the league world whether or not he is an idiot, that he has passed every test, and that is why he has been given the series of opportunities required to become an NRL coach?

And if it's possible, do you think it's likely?
No I dont!!

Status
Not open for further replies.