What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nathan smith? What can you tell us stagger? Is he a hard working hooker would he add spark off the bench or is he simmilar to MK style?

hard working??...yes I suppose, I'm pretty sure he play the full 80 on sunday interchanging from dummy half to first reciever, played his best game against his old club, he does stay close to the ball and leads the team round well but I wouldn't expect another PJ Marsh

Stagger eel

Staff member
Agreed and agreed. I don't think O'Hanlon is up to first grade this season, he seriously needs to add mass to that wiry frame of his. Terepo is due back soon I think but his match fitness will be zilch which is a real shame since as I said above, I believe there are at least 2 spots on the first-grade bench there to be taken.

Another question for those wiser than I...who is the captain of Wenty given the massive changes in the roster over the last few weeks? I'm pretty sure I saw the (c) next to Smith at one point.

Nathan Smith is the captain.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Cheers, Stagger. Any idea on what the go is with Lasalo and E.Tonga?

no, I find it very peculiar that they're not listed any where including the injured list, it's a sure sign that they will play some role on either saturday or 'gulp' sunday...

MrT

Juniors
Check out this weeks Wenty team. This is exactly what we heard Kearney and Nolan wanted to do. Bring up the good young players and get them ready for first grade earlier. We have 5 players promoted from U/20's this season. Interesting to see Seage back at halfback at a tougher level. Looks like that journalist in that article I posted just saw Seage at Wenty and immediately said Sandow is under pressure.
I think it's the right move for Seage. He's the type of player we need in 1st grade. Very quick of the mark, something I thought Sandow was

Wentworthville team to play Auckland on Saturday April 28, Ringrose Park, 3pm:

1 Jake Mullaney
2 Vai Toutai
3 Troy Savage
4 Ryan Morgan
5 Jordan Atkins
6 Jason Wehbe
7 Jason Seage
8 Shane Shackleton
9 Nathan Smith
10 Taulima Tautai
11 Pat O’Hanlon
12 Danny Howard
13 Daniel Penese

14 Lancen Joudo
15 Nathan Armit
16 Matthew Eisenhuth
17 Trent Jennings

bartman

Immortal
Surely not... give the spine combos time to gel SK!

Sandow has only had four matches with a recuperating Hayne at the club this season (for one win - as good as SK's overall win percentage...). And none of those four matches were with Burt also in the side. If SK drops Sandow and jeopardises the best chance we have of a win all year, there'll be hell to pay :crazy:!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Surely not... give the spine combos time to gel SK!

Sandow has only had four matches with a recuperating Hayne at the club this season (for one win - as good as SK's overall win percentage...). And none of those four matches were with Burt also in the side. If SK drops Sandow and jeopardises the best chance we have of a win all year, there'll be hell to pay :crazy:!

We could even call it 3.1 matches with Hayne.

Although not sure Burt being in the side warrants mention when it comes to factors which will decide the game!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
does anyone know what the deal is of the likes of Sandow plays for Wenty

does he get his full match payments or does he automatically go down to a second tier payment for this week or so

Noise

Coach
does anyone know what the deal is of the likes of Sandow plays for Wenty

does he get his full match payments or does he automatically go down to a second tier payment for this week or so

Unless he has the dumbest manager on the planet he'l get full match payments.

Otherwise teams with salary cap pressure could just drop a few players to NSW cup for a week or two and save some coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts