What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

officials in aus n nz are sh1t

DownUnder

Coach
I take it this guy doesn't remember the pom ref that was inflicted on Australia & New Zealand last year.

_Johnsy

Referee
Let me guess, the poms got done.................. Dare i say it a whinging POM :lol: :lol:

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
GB were not up to it tonight, but some of that comes from the poorness of the officials.

The biggest factor in tonights game was the speed of the play the ball. GB were allowing NZ to play the ball quickly, naive tactically I thought.

NZ on the other hand took the pi$$ all night. They would tackle the man, the another would flop on, then they would wrestle, then they would lie on, then they would get off slowly. By the time GB played the ball there was a set piece situation where every player was motionless. It made for one hell of a boring arm wrestle, and theres only one winner in that situation.

Credit to NZ for having the gumption to exploit the shocking officials, but had there been a proper referee tonight there would have been a different game from the first minute. NZ would still have won because they wanted it far more, but tonight was a mugging.

Roby1

Juniors
Don't matter, we were well and truly battered.

Whingeing poms? always made me laugh that. Although I admire the ferocity of the NZ attack, I have never seen as many complaints at the PTB as I did this morning, nearly every tackle was accompanied by a moan. If it was part of their strategy, it worked.

Bob8

Juniors
HUDDERSFIELDUK said:
another Sh1t decision from the w0nker officials

Perhaps, but we lost and New Zealand played well. We did not.

Perhaps the descions did not go our way and underminded the team, but they should not have done.

Congratulations to New Zealand on a great display of rugby league.

The Clan

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:
GB were not up to it tonight, but some of that comes from the poorness of the officials.

The biggest factor in tonights game was the speed of the play the ball. GB were allowing NZ to play the ball quickly, naive tactically I thought.

NZ on the other hand took the pi$$ all night. They would tackle the man, the another would flop on, then they would wrestle, then they would lie on, then they would get off slowly. By the time GB played the ball there was a set piece situation where every player was motionless. It made for one hell of a boring arm wrestle, and theres only one winner in that situation.

Credit to NZ for having the gumption to exploit the shocking officials, but had there been a proper referee tonight there would have been a different game from the first minute. NZ would still have won because they wanted it far more, but tonight was a mugging.

Absolutely spot on!

This aspect of officiating has more effect than any piss poor video refs decision. The whole momentum of the game is altered by Simpkins interpretation of the play the ball rules.

GB or Australia would have had to be at their best to top that NZ team tonight.

innsaneink

Referee
Fairleigh Good! said:

You fool, GB were doing it as well tonite, as well as for the entire match last week, not to mention the constant offside in both games.

Proper ref...:lol: LOL good one.

Roby1

Juniors
innsaneink said:
You fool, GB were doing it as well tonite, as well as for the entire match last week, not to mention the constant offside in both games.

Proper ref...:lol: LOL good one.

Do you ever leave your computer? Jesus!!

deluded pom?

Coach
One of the big differences that is always highlighted between the NRL and the ESL is the latitude allowed at the PTB. The NRL was always seen as being how the PTB should be reffed.Players made the tackle and then got out of the way fairly quickly or risk being penalised,making for an open and enjoyable spectacle.Whereas the ESL refs would let all manner of laying on go unpunished making for a slow ponderous game.What happened? Aussie refs don't seem to ref international games like they do an NRL match.Or am I just being paranoid? :sarcasm:

screeny

Bench
deluded pom? said:
One of the big differences that is always highlighted between the NRL and the ESL is the latitude allowed at the PTB. The NRL was always seen as being how the PTB should be reffed.Players made the tackle and then got out of the way fairly quickly or risk being penalised,making for an open and enjoyable spectacle.Whereas the ESL refs would let all manner of laying on go unpunished making for a slow ponderous game.What happened? Aussie refs don't seem to ref international games like they do an NRL match.Or am I just being paranoid? :sarcasm:

With all due respect, I think you're just being wrong! SL ruck policy is to blow the whistle as soon as you can. Many-a-game has been spoiled for me due to the rucks being over policed. Part of the game is after the tackle, and the NRL has it right and SL has it dead wrong.

Nz

Juniors
Look at yourself Huddersfeild, you gave it to the Aussies for having a cry. Have a dose of Kleenex.

deluded pom?

Coach
screeny said:
With all due respect, I think you're just being wrong! SL ruck policy is to blow the whistle as soon as you can. Many-a-game has been spoiled for me due to the rucks being over policed. Part of the game is after the tackle, and the NRL has it right and SL has it dead wrong.

If the NRL have it right then why is Simpkins allowing laying on (by both sides) go on to ridiculous lengths? Or is he reffing N.Z. and G.B. differently? As for the rucks being over policed in SL, isn't that down to the players not learning what they will and won't get penalised for whereas the NRL players have learnt that any laying on will be punished. The rule is that once the tackle is complete then the tackler should roll away from the tackled player who can then get on with th PTB.

screeny

Bench
I don't have a problem personally with any of the refereeing this tournament. I do have a problem with the speed with which penalties are blown for ruck infringements in SL.

Anyway, SL has a reputation for being 'faster' than the NRL, and that stems from the over zealous ruck policing.

Bob8

Juniors
Nz said:
Look at yourself Huddersfeild, you gave it to the Aussies for having a cry. Have a dose of Kleenex.

Spot on.

There will always be a debate about the officials, but New Zealand deserved their win.

WJ

Juniors
gb were the better team tonight.

Screwed over by the ref.

AGAIN.:-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

Latest posts