What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

officials in aus n nz are sh1t

TrevorAllan

Juniors
Simpkins was crap. Video refs bias... But
Key difference was Stacey Jones - He ran the game, kicked well, laid on some plays...
Long and Maguire just got in each others way.... Pryce needs to go back to stand-off. The aussies still don't have a pack so GB still don't need to be despondent.

Bob8

Juniors
I think the main difference was in the packs.

Sean Long has not become worse in a week, but last week the pack gave him time and possession. Against the Kiwi pack, he had neither and so his kicking was worse.

Jones, on the other hand, had the time and space to show what he could do.

TrevorAllan

Juniors
nah - pack was ok, given kiwis pack is miles ahead of kangaroos pack. we got in their 25 lots but execution was terrible. Maguire is not a first receiver

Bob8

Juniors
TrevorAllan said:
nah - pack was ok, given kiwis pack is miles ahead of kangaroos pack. we got in their 25 lots but execution was terrible. Maguire is not a first receiver

I agree, I do not think the British pack is bad, only that the Kiwi pack is better.

WJ

Juniors
I thought our pack did pretty well considering they were playng against the kiwi pack and the gods.

Everything always works against us.

Bob8

Juniors
WJ said:
I thought our pack did pretty well considering they were playng against the kiwi pack and the gods.

Everything always works against us.

We would not have a chance against the Gods.

Thor looks solid at prop forward and they have recruited Ulysesses at half back (another possible Granny gate?).

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Fairleigh Good! said:
GB were not up to it tonight, but some of that comes from the poorness of the officials.

The biggest factor in tonights game was the speed of the play the ball. GB were allowing NZ to play the ball quickly, naive tactically I thought.

NZ on the other hand took the pi$$ all night. They would tackle the man, the another would flop on, then they would wrestle, then they would lie on, then they would get off slowly. By the time GB played the ball there was a set piece situation where every player was motionless. It made for one hell of a boring arm wrestle, and theres only one winner in that situation.

Credit to NZ for having the gumption to exploit the shocking officials, but had there been a proper referee tonight there would have been a different game from the first minute. NZ would still have won because they wanted it far more, but tonight was a mugging.

I can understand what you're saying but a bit of that comes down to interpretations. The ESL refs are more strict on players flopping and getting off the tackles quickly whereas the NRL refs are lenient to the team that dominates the ruck/tackle.

Last night NZ made metres up the middle with ease which gave GB no choice but to clear the play the ball or get penalised. Whereas the opposite happened when GB had the ball. Peacock aside they struggled for go forward and with NZ stopping the GB forwards at the advantage line and winning the tackle Simpkins gave them more latitude.

Don't get me wrong I thought Simpkins was poor no doubt, but I think interpretations played its part and NZ did the job in the middle. They won it up the middle and almost forced the refs hand.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Bob8 said:
We would not have a chance against the Gods.

Thor looks solid at prop forward and they have recruited Ulysesses at half back (another possible Granny gate?).

lol if you can track down a birth certificate for Ulysesses' grandmother then I will be damn impressed.

ozbash

Referee
simpkins was terrible, the biggest problem in the game is the match officials. the players coaches continue to improve but the refs/touchies all stay at the same level

and that includes esl officials.

borntoride

Juniors
full credit to NZ though they did what they had to do. Now what can the poms do against these whinging aussies.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
After what we've seen of pommy and aussie refs, they have the check to say NZ's Glen Black aint up to it.
Have they seen the crap there refs are coming up with?

deluded pom?

Coach
KeepingTheFaith said:
lol if you can track down a birth certificate for Ulysesses' grandmother then I will be damn impressed.

I believe the Australian officials had a copy sent to them before the game yesterday ;-)

Jeffles

Bench
The ARL shgould be banned from complaining about refs after serving up Paul Simpkins for this Tri-Nations. He has been so crap! I want to pay Matt King's fine because I agree with what he said.

Sure Glen Black doesn't referee full time in SL or NRL but for FFS he couldn't be worse than Simpkins.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jeffles said:
Sure Glen Black doesn't referee full time in SL or NRL but for FFS he couldn't be worse than Simpkins.

Black is shocking, he IS worse than Simpkins!:lol:

JJ

Immortal
meh - the officials might be sh*t, but they weren't as sh*t as the English team

mikdalton

Juniors
No GB fan is going to turn around and say that NZ didnt deserve it and quite comfortably because they did. We started poorly forgot how to tackle etc and only for very few short periods looked anything like a decent team. The ref was pathetic though and I include video in that. 16-10 is a different game to 16-4. NZ scored a number of tries on the back of either penalties or poor decisions regarding knocks on. Granted they were 1000 times more clinical on our line than we are but they shouldnt have been there in the first place. At one point after our lucky try I thought we were getting into it only to have it stifled by a try off a poor decision.