What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offseason Thread

shiznit

Coach
Stafford and Aaron Donald straight up for Deshaun Watson... what ya reckon?? :joy::joy:

sounds like something you gotta force through on Madden... :joy::joy:

Maybe even Stafford and Donald for Watson and Watt... Rams get a long term elite QB but downgrade from Donald to a still very good and future HOFer in JJ Watt....

Texans get a more than serviceable QB in Stafford when Watson obviously wants out and they upgrade from JJ to Aaron Donald... win-win IMO...

I should be a f**king GM... easy as piss... :joy::joy:

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
WOOW
Big move

That's a lot for the Rams to give up just to get out of Goff.. The market for Watson just took a giant leap up... If Stafford goes for 2x firsts and a third, plus a cost controlled QB... you're not getting Watson for less than 5 big time picks and players

kurt faulk

Coach

Great news, the Rams traded for Roger Saffold. The oline is back.

Wait, what? It's matt stafford?

And the Rams gave 2 1sts and a 3rd?

And goff?

f**k.

What in the f**k are they doing?

I'm thinking Goff may have had a threesome with McVay's and Snead’s wives. What other reason would It make these two to take it up the arse sideways with this trade?

I may need to back away from this team for a year or two.

dogslife

Coach
I think Stafford has plenty left in the tank and he'll go great in that system, but f**k me the Rams got hosed!

They really don't like picking in the 1st round do they?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
There waa a tweet yesterday that the Lions were holding out to see if someone would overpay.

my first thought was "hello WFT, come on down". Rams just had a "hold my beer" moment.

I thought the Rams interest was just leverage to try and get more out of the 9ers who were heavily linked to Stafford. Turns out it's the other way around. I like Stafford, but not at that price.

shiznit

Coach

Great news, the Rams traded for Roger Saffold. The oline is back.

Wait, what? It's matt stafford?

And the Rams gave 2 1sts and a 3rd?

And goff?

f**k.

What in the f**k are they doing?

I'm thinking Goff may have had a threesome with McVay's and Snead’s wives. What other reason would It make these two to take it up the arse sideways with this trade?

I may need to back away from this team for a year or two.

from what I’m reading this is purely an NBA style salary dump.

They needed to use the picks to get out of Goff’s contract... without knowing too much about the Rams I’m assuming it’s kind of a reckoning for kicking the can down the road with massive deals if not market setting contracts for Donald, Gurley, Cooks, Ramsey and Goff...

Maybe with COVID the cap isn’t going to go as expected so they were caught on the hop and had to dump salary or risk being over??

kurt faulk

Coach

Of course it's a salary dump. But only because some kind of shit happened between Mcvay and goff. I wonder if we'll ever find out? And will goff's girlfriend dump him because he's moving to Detroit?

nick87

Coach
from what I’m reading this is purely an NBA style salary dump.

They needed to use the picks to get out of Goff’s contract... without knowing too much about the Rams I’m assuming it’s kind of a reckoning for kicking the can down the road with massive deals if not market setting contracts for Donald, Gurley, Cooks, Ramsey and Goff...

Maybe with COVID the cap isn’t going to go as expected so they were caught on the hop and had to dump salary or risk being over??

the deal as far as I can see is basically a first for Stafford, multiple teams had that on the table, the other picks are compensation for the salary dump of Goff

nick87

Coach

Of course it's a salary dump. But only because some kind of shit happened between Mcvay and goff. I wonder if we'll ever find out? And will goff's girlfriend dump him because he's moving to Detroit?

The shit that happened is widely known
We all saw it on national tv, McVey can’t win the SB with the guy
The Rams from ownership and gm down are deeply invested in winning a SB to capture a market share of the LA fan base so the money they’ve spent on the relocation gets ROO

can’t do it with Goff so he’s gotta go

kurt faulk

Coach
The shit that happened is widely known
We all saw it on national tv, McVey can’t win the SB with the guy
The Rams from ownership and gm down are deeply invested in winning a SB to capture a market share of the LA fan base so the money they’ve spent on the relocation gets ROO

can’t do it with Goff so he’s gotta go

That's certainly what they think. But as far as i can see stafford can't escape free rushers any better than Goff. They better shore up that oline so it can block someone on 3rd down.

nick87

Coach
That's certainly what they think. But as far as i can see stafford can't escape free rushers any better than Goff. They better shore up that oline so it can block someone on 3rd down.

Yep, I don’t necessarily disagree with that
I think Stafford is a massive upgrade in many respects but he’s certainly not a silver bullet in terms of what is holding the Rams back from hoisting a banner

it’s a fun move though! Exciting to think about

Vozzy

Juniors
Rams are definitely going all in now if they are not successful in 2 years they will be the new Houston Texans. It's kind of a win for the Rams short term and a win for Detroit long term. Like even if Goff goes downhill more they have a stack of first round picks to find their new franchise QB while having a guy with experience.

kurt faulk

Coach

well, the rams don't dwell on things when they go pear shaped for them.

gurley was the king of the beasts, get's his money and is even better than before. then his knee gets damaged and it's obvious the next season he can't do what he once did. he was great at scoring tds from inside the 10 yard line but all the other stuff before that, not so good. nobody was trading for him with that contract so they cut him. hello cam akers.

cooks was the deep threat and much more. played lights out after getting his money then starts getting multiple concussions the year after. played like somebody that didn't want to get hit. was useless on the field for the rams. wasn't getting it done and a chance to face retirement with the next hit he receives. gets traded to the texans for a 2nd. hello van jefferson.

big 2020 dead cap hits for those two but shit happens with injuries. can't really blame the rams about those contracts. and they landed on their feet and had a shot in 2020 to go deep into the playoffs but the d couldn't do shit without AD against the packers.

goff had just come off a superbowl run that fell short. the rams extend him to beat the massive jump in qb salaries that was coming. he plays well nobody notices. but he didn't play well, he was rather average. looked like a stud one game, looked like he didn't know what was happening the next. defenses had worked out mcvay and when mcvay changed things up goff seemingly didn't move as fast as mcvay wanted in mastering the offense. so they jettison him with draft picks for stafford.

now they seem to be in place to again contend next season. they don't care about 1st round picks, they keep getting the players they want. if stafford lights it up the rams are yukking it up. if the offense keeps sputtering the rams are doomed.

nick87

Coach
Benjamin Solak is a f**king lord
Love that guy... he's helped me process the eagles shit show :D

Also, you should check out his Locked on NFL Draft podcast with Trevor Seikima
Its great

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I go to kayo and it says "live in progress" Chiefs v SF49s, superbowl LIVE!!!!

FU