What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

El Diablo

Post Whore
Last edited:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
For better.

She seems to defend it these days.

She used to bag the shit out of it on panel shows.

Watched the show on Sunday and heard her defend the game again and couldn't believe it as she use to go in boots 'n' all and I did wonder why now she sticks up for the game.

Now we know because her husbands son plays for Souths, lets hope he has a long career.

StMick

Bench
no mention of essendope.... nothing to see here...

So you're telling me that WADA have found irregularities in some of the Essendon players blood samples which could turn out to be the smoking gun in this whole saga and it doesn't even rate a mention on this pathetic show?

Yet, a rugby league player could spit on the sidewalk and they'd spend 25 minutes talking about what a shocking culture rugby league has

Massoud sucking AFL c**k again this morning.
Nothing new there.
Stopped watching a couple of years ago. It's rubbish
Same here.
no mention of essendope.... nothing to see here...
The truth hurts them.

So you're telling me that WADA have found irregularities in some of the Essendon players blood samples which could turn out to be the smoking gun in this whole saga and it doesn't even rate a mention on this pathetic show?

Yet, a rugby league player could spit on the sidewalk and they'd spend 25 minutes talking about what a shocking culture rugby league has
Its a fumbleball love in.
Someone needs to ask them if fumbleball is such a great game how come there are no semi professinal or professional sides outside of Australia

LESStar58

Referee
Looking forward to these pricks squirming on Sunday over the new tv deal. Roy should give em heaps!

heights

Juniors
The biggest sports deal in free to air broadcasting history in this country......and it didn't get a mention.

In fact RL didn't get a mention in the whole episode.

However, cant say Im surprised....par for this course

insert.pause

First Grade
The biggest sports deal in free to air broadcasting history in this country......and it didn't get a mention.

it's so f**king pathetic.

Yeap abc... more intrested in supporting victorians, terrorists, afl and greenies... Hope the liberals sell them off... same with sbs

undertaker

Coach
Yeap abc... more intrested in supporting victorians, terrorists, afl and greenies... Hope the liberals sell them off... same with sbs

As much as I didn't agree with everything the late Stan Zemanek said when watching Beauty and the Beast, I do remember and agree with his point that the ABC should become a subscription/PayTV channel for those willing to pay for it, rather than gouging the tax payers for a service they don't watch nor want to watch.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
As much as I didn't agree with everything the late Stan Zemanek said when watching Beauty and the Beast, I do remember and agree with his point that the ABC should become a subscription/PayTV channel for those willing to pay for it, rather than gouging the tax payers for a service they don't watch nor want to watch.

The ABC is more than a TV channel.

Desert Qlder

First Grade

It is a wise move on their part, saves from embarrassing themselves completely.

RL doesn't need this trash and Whately will never be taken seriously, despite his desperate yearning for respectability.

undertaker

Coach
The ABC is more than a TV channel.

Yes, I understand that but IIRC, this was back around 1997/98 when Stan made that rant about the ABC, when the ABC was pretty much nothing other than one of the five tv channels most households had (Ch7, 9, 10, ABC, SBS), PayTV services Foxtel and Optus were relatively new in Australia, ABC was miles behind the 3 commercial networks Chs 7/9/10 in the ratings, and ABC didn't have all the other services they have now, such as services on the internet like streaming and archives of their tv shows from recent weeks which didn't exist back then as the internet wasn't as advanced, let alone most households didn't have the internet during the dial-up modem years, digital channels ABC2/ABC3/ABC Kids/ABC News 24 which are now on tv etc. Even The Late Show could see the funny side of their crap ratings (parody of Ch9's renown slogan "Still the One") back in 1993:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n42lNEoP5zE

I'm not just saying this solely because of the ABC's hate for RL since they lost the rights to televise Saturday arvo RL during the Super League war, it gets back to Stan's point in general: why should Australians be made to contribute taxpayer dollars to go towards a network that, although it has now superseded Ch10 and is #3 in the ratings due to Ch10 being an absolute mess over the past 5-10yrs, still have low ratings overall compared to Ch7/9, hence indicating that most people either don't watch nor want to watch the ABC? That tv service should become a subscription service for the small % who want to watch it. It only adds insult to injury when ABC try to go under the guise of 'fair, independent, balanced reporting' and then spruik hidden agendas such as broadcasting a 'sports show' (e.g. Offsiders) which is a pro-AFL show in disguise and comprises of Gerard Whateley and Caroline Wilson who both are involved in the AFL media in Melbourne, barely any mention of other sports and when it comes to RL, most of the time its either smirked at or treating negatively or no mention of positive things such as the tv rights....fair, independent, balanced reporting alright.......If anything, its deception and if ppl's tax dollars are going towards funding programs like that, they deserve far better. Offsiders will only have someone like Roy Masters or John Stanley on the panel to give the ILLUSION that it is 'balanced' in its opinions on RL, but in reality its far from it.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Yes, I understand that

That understanding was not conveyed in your post.

As to the rest of your post, the ABC is moving with technology and providing Australians with content that befits their media consumption patterns. Doing so on a constrained budget that is being reduced all the time. What is the problem?

People like yourself would have been against the ABC commencing programming on television when that technology was new in the 1950s. With arguments sounding very much like people like Cory Bernadi. Surely you wouldn't wish to be associated with plonkers like that?

Fortunately you are in the minority. Australians treasure their ABC and will punish severely any government that tries to mess with it, such as the current one.

Last edited:

Latest posts