What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

Flapper

First Grade
Flapper all of the people you mentioned are on commercial tv or radio.

If people don't like their opinion they get turned off, if they get turned off enough they get replaced by someone else.

I haven't got a problem with someone having a left wing opinion, just pay for it yourself by way of a commercial media outlet, and don't use my tax dollars to espouse it.

The ABC should be down the middle and I expect in most of its programming it is, however its news and current affairs departments are clearly not.

Just as Q and A stack their panels and audience with lefties, Offsiders stacks their audience with AFL sycophants. Just as Q and A have a left leaning conservative (eg Turnbull) on occasionally to try and portray neutrality, Offsiders have league commentators who do nothing but RL ( eg Massoud) on to give the impression of neutrality, when in reality their agenda is very much opposite.

There is an audience breakdown at the beginning of q & a every week which shows an even split, so that isn't correct. The panel split is generally even in the way off they don't stack it with Left politicians, and if they do have an ALP & a green they tend to have someone like an Albrechtsen to balance it for the Right.

Not to mention they only just played a 2 part Doco utterly humiliating the ALP, the whole "left bias" just doesn't stack up.

I reiterate, the calls of bias come from conservative commentators who are biased to the right who thinkthat anyone who doesn't use the same vitriol towards progressive politics as they do must be supporters.

Let's f**k this political chat off and focus on the real bias that we all can see quite clearly: the bias against Rugby League.

taipan

Referee
Much of the left believe it is bias to the right so...

Are you serious?Been watching the ABC for yonks,mainly for news and docs,but to suggest it is not lefty biased is ludicrous.
Rarely do you see or hear someone from the left complain about their general affairs content.
Tony Jones used to interrupt very Lib politician when he sort she was making a point.The lack of it toward the other side stuck out like a pachiderm's trunk.An audience that is evenly split supposedly.Yet hear the cheering and clapping on particular subject matter,and that throws that agreement in serious doubt.
For balance sake Zemanek's show was right wing,Fitzhead and Carlton's left wing,and Hadley's right wing.
You can classify me as middle of the road on most things.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Are you serious?Been watching the ABC for yonks,mainly for news and docs,but to suggest it is not lefty biased is ludicrous.
Rarely do you see or hear someone from the left complain about their general affairs content.
Tony Jones used to interrupt very Lib politician when he sort she was making a point.The lack of it toward the other side stuck out like a pachiderm's trunk.An audience that is evenly split supposedly.Yet hear the cheering and clapping on particular subject matter,and that throws that agreement in serious doubt.
For balance sake Zemanek's show was right wing,Fitzhead and Carlton's left wing,and Hadley's right wing.
You can classify me as middle of the road on most things.

Yes I am fully aware that to those that think the ABC is bias, unless the ABC demonstrates nothing but complete fawning deference for the right, then they are biased.

In other words they need to be like News Ltd.

Unlike you, I am not middle of the road and make my politics clear. But I actually think it is a good thing when members from my side of politics are challenged intensely by the media and forced to argue their case succinctly. This creates better politicians.

As we have seen with this current government, when politicians are not challenged such as what occurred with Abbott prior to be elected, we end up with train wrecks like the modern Liberal Party.

As I have already mentioned, my issue in this thread was not about any one persons perception of bias, but about the notion of selling the ABC. Which is a the policy of the radical right wing fringe of this nation is fiercely rejected by the majority mainstream Australia.

At any rate, this has drifted firmly into 4C territory and is the last I have to say on the matter.

Burwood

Bench
You only have to look at all the audits and reviews into the ABC to see that they are not biased towards any one political party- it purely gets brought up by various politicians/media figures to distract the regular punters from the issues at hand.

elbusto

Coach
You only have to look at all the audits and reviews into the ABC to see that they are not biased towards any one political party- it purely gets brought up by various politicians/media figures to distract the regular punters from the issues at hand.

Sure thing bro. Qanda is a classic example of fairness. Ffs!

elbusto

Coach
Yes I am fully aware that to those that think the ABC is bias, unless the ABC demonstrates nothing but complete fawning deference for the right, then they are biased.

In other words they need to be like News Ltd.

Unlike you, I am not middle of the road and make my politics clear. But I actually think it is a good thing when members from my side of politics are challenged intensely by the media and forced to argue their case succinctly. This creates better politicians.

As we have seen with this current government, when politicians are not challenged such as what occurred with Abbott prior to be elected, we end up with train wrecks like the modern Liberal Party.

As I have already mentioned, my issue in this thread was not about any one persons perception of bias, but about the notion of selling the ABC. Which is a the policy of the radical right wing fringe of this nation is fiercely rejected by the majority mainstream Australia.

At any rate, this has drifted firmly into 4C territory and is the last I have to say on the matter.
Of course you love the ABC. It aligns with your political views so it must be right.

And of course you are superior to most of us because you don't watch the Voice apparently.

A superior being you are.

You rate yourself don't ya buddy!:cool:

Brutus

Referee
Elbusto, stop being greedy. You have Jones, Hadley, Smith, George and Paul, Bolt, Devine, Albetchson, Pissed Ackerman, Murdoch, Kroger....etc to read and listen to.

You have the entire ABC, Faifax, SBS, the majority of the Canberra press gallery, universities, Laurie Oakes, Ray Martin, Liz Hayes, Paul Bongiorno, Mark Reilly, Mike Carlton, PVO, Malcolm Farr, News.com (yes Murdoch's Marxist arm) and the Project to consume.

elbusto

Coach
Elbusto, stop being greedy. You have Jones, Hadley, Smith, George and Paul, Bolt, Devine, Albetchson, Pissed Ackerman, Murdoch, Kroger....etc to read and listen to.

Naah mate. I am too busy watching the voice and mkr to have any time to be politically informed

drago brelli

Bench
You have the entire ABC, Faifax, SBS, the majority of the Canberra press gallery, universities, Laurie Oakes, Ray Martin, Liz Hayes, Paul Bongiorno, Mark Reilly, Mike Carlton, PVO, Malcolm Farr, News.com (yes Murdoch's Marxist arm) and the Project to consume.

A good balance all round.

taipan

Referee

They are not publicly funded by the sucker taxpayers,as is our :roll:ABC

Latest posts