What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

LESStar58

Referee
Its back this Sunday? Good. I know not to watch it. I gave them a chance. I really did. It's a shame cos I was starting to come around on Waleed Aly. He showed up at the Storm vs. Cowboys prelim last year and the next day on the show he spoke really well and showed he had knowledge of the game.

drago brelli

Bench
Offsiders returns THIS Sunday, at 10am.

Will they talk about the scandals the NRL has had over the off season, and brush off the AFL Essendon sackings and other AFL scandals?

Yes.

As they were always going to do Offsiders gave 10 times the amount of time to the Essendon saga as compared to the Pearce thing. Pearce was on the screen for about 5 seconds. The big issue today is gambling in sport. Billions is being made from the rigging of various sports.

Big Salad

Juniors
The focus seemed to be more on the summer sports, which is fair enough, and women's sports. Didn't think there was much on either AFL or NRL but then there is plenty of time for those to come up before the seasons start.

I thought today's show was good. There was a good amount of talk about the summer sports and women's games.

Brief mention of the AFL and NRL scandals. I'm sure when their actual seasons begin, then more talk of these scandals should appear.

LESStar58

Referee
Tuned in today for once to hear them discuss round one. Had Holmes, Leach and Massoud with Whately. Holmes was deriding the nine commentary team for their attitude in the aftermath of the tackle on Corey Norman.

They also discussed Pearce and called the NRL hypocritical because the Roosters chose to control the story themselves and not let the NRL do it. For a show beholden to the AFL I thought that was hilarious. They also showed the James Roberts interview in the pre-show and Vonnie laughing at it. I think even Whately was grinning when they cut back to him.

Even Massoud gave Langmack his props on "final observation" for his work with the Mardi Float. I didn't know he had throat cancer either.

Also, are they having it in Sydney permanently now or is it just temporary until the AFL starts again?

I admit i have watched it in the past, some time ago but i just found it a fumbleball love in. I can't see why any Rugby League fan would want to watch it

El Diablo

Post Whore
yup

if you follow Rugby League there is no point in watching it as they only time it's mentioned the Victorians just bag it

Shhh

Don't tell anyone here you enjoy watching other sports
Like most true blue Australians i enjoy Cricket and Horse Racing along with Rugby League. Why i stopped watching offsiders was the fact that 90% of the program is about fumbleball, not something you expect from whats meant to be a general sports show not a fumbleball love in.
When the great Richie Benaud died last year they i think they talked about him him for about 2 minutes.

Dodgy

Juniors
Gerard Whateley's opening on today's show sucked me in. I genuinely thought he was serious about Turnbull's comment about AFL preference.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I hate Mossoud...

How does an obvious League hater like him get such a prominent media role reporting and commentating on RL?

Patorick

Staff member
I hate Mossoud...

How does an obvious League hater like him get such a prominent media role reporting and commentating on RL?
645774-267c52ce-42e7-11e3-9370-fad865867213.jpg