What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

Warriors Fever

Juniors
God I hate everything about their stupid, racist, sexist game that rewards you for missing, if they wanna get some moral high ground over us from a brawl then I'll play their game.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Whatley on Offsiders this morning comparing the melees in the Broncos vs. Souffs and Port Adelaide vs. Geelong...

"The AFL will go through the footage and hand out sanctions, the NRL will put it in a promo video."

Tweeted him and told him to cry a river. Wanker.

Very smug - I'm sure the others all chuckled at how witty he was. I hope you told him Black Caviar was overrated too.

T-Boon

Coach
The solution to this is to work towards getting a sydney based sports show on the ABC. The NRL needs to be able to influence networks and get programs on. I doubt the NRL even tries to influence networks or butter up people of influence.

Nerd

Bench
My point is everything in the first example was rugby league atrocity, rugby league thuggery, etc

Whilst in the second its the generic 'footballer' no mention of the code and particularly no mention of AFL.

Any casual observer reading or listening would think it was two soccer teams and a soccer player who died

Happens in the Courier Mail as well. Though to be fair if they mention AFL in the title most people in QLD would just flick to the next article without reading it.

LESStar58

Referee
Whately called this week's round faux football while having zero regard for the effort put in by Saints and the Tigepies.

Incorrect

Coach
He's correct. Have Origin as a stand alone game on the weekend. All clubs should be at full strength for NRL games.

I hate that some teams get the benefit of playing the Cowboys without JT, Scott, Tamou, Morgan etc, or the Boncos without half a dozen of their best. It just makes the comp fundamentally unfair and flawed.

Coupled with the fact that not every team plays everyone else twice, but that's a whole other discussion.

LESStar58

Referee
The Dragons play Melbourne in Wollongong in round 15. Melbourne will be missing their Qld reps. Dragons will struggle, however.

John Stanley didn't think so. The way he was going on you'd think the 2 points were alreadh in the bank.

It's amazing how many eyes become green down this way at Origin time.

BuffaloRules

Coach
With the ANZAC test getting the flick, play Game 2 on the weekend with Pacific tests, women's test and Junior Origin.

Then there are only 2 weeks where teams are missing players or only one game for each club.

hutch

First Grade
Origin cannot be standalone. It's been done before and it was utter shit.

It's never been on a Sunday night, which is the biggest ratings night of the week. It is so big now it will be successful regardless of when it is played, plus the added advantage of having other nations playing internationals and rep games means it is the best thing for rugby league. It will happen eventually.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It's never been on a Sunday night, which is the biggest ratings night of the week. It is so big now it will be successful regardless of when it is played, plus the added advantage of having other nations playing internationals and rep games means it is the best thing for rugby league. It will happen eventually.

It was played on Sunday night in 2001. I thought it was good personally.

Latest posts