What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh the pain.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I know this subject has probably been done to death but i was watching the game with some friends who were giving me an unmerciful bagging. Even worse when they started bring up all the Parra players we have let go or lost over the years. The list is enough to make a guy with a glass eye cry. This is a side we came up with without too much thought, feel feel to add other players to this list.

1- INU
2 - Tupou
3 - Lyon
4 - Tahu
5 - Wolfman/Tafua/Graham/Reddy - all better than our wingers
6 - Maloney
7 - Hodkinson
8 - Gallen
9 - Kinga/Morris(lol)Mitchell even Kris Keating is better than what we have atm.
10 - Poore i know i know but he would be an improvement
11 - T Rex
12 - Horo - amazing how much you can improve away from this shithole
13 - Mateo

14 - Buhrer
15 - Faaso
16 - Lowrie
17 - Joey G - i know he just retired but still.

Props are a bit thin but all those guys mentioned are better than the majority of our team. I'm sure i've missed a few.

Someone

Bench
Instead of let go, what it should be / or be close to 2013:

1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. Lyon
4. Morgan
5. D. Williams

6. Maloney
7. T.Smith

8. Mannah
9. K. Keating
10. *
11. Tanginoa
12. T rex
13. Mateo

14. Kingston
15. Moi Moi
16. Allgood
17. Horo

Im stuck on the second starting prop, but basically this is a hindsight team. the ones we should have fought to keep. major cap issues obviously with all the comps we would have won.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. Lyon
4. Morgan
5. D. Williams

6. Maloney
7. T.Smith

8. Mannah
9. K. Keating
10. *
11. Tanginoa
12. T rex
13. Mateo

14. Kingston
15. Moi Moi
16. Allgood
17. Horo

Im stuck on the second starting prop, but basically this is a hindsight team. the ones we should have fought to keep. major cap issues obviously with all the comps we would have won.

This should be good.

Parra Pride

Coach
Who is to say we'd actually be better with all of them still here?

Inu and Mateo, both are just as much rocks and diamonds as Ben Roberts.
Lyon didn't want to be here, he wouldn't play to his potential if he was unhappy.
Williams, he only looks good when outside Lyon, have you seen how bad he plays outside any other center?
Hodkinson is average, I'd take Sandow ahead of him.
Kris Keating.... Really? f**king really?
Poore did sweet f**k all for us, why would you want him back?
T-Rex, have you not seen the lazy turd play lately?
Horo was shit for us, apart for one season, why would he play any different if we kept him?
Buhrer.... Lol, there aren't many more overrated players in the comp today, he's right up there with Gidley.
Fa'aso is an average prop, I'd take Mannah, Moimoi, Allgood, Lussick ahead of him any day.
Lowrie, lol, he's shit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Lyon didn't want to be here, he wouldn't play to his potential if he was unhappy.
Williams, he only looks good when outside Lyon, have you seen how bad he plays outside any other center?
Horo was shit for us, apart for one season, why would he play any different if we kept him?
Buhrer.... Lol, there aren't many more overrated players in the comp today, he's right up there with Gidley.
Fa'aso is an average prop, I'd take Mannah, Moimoi, Allgood, Lussick ahead of him any day.
Lowrie, lol, he's shit.

That's a fair assessment.

offside ref

Juniors

1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. Lyon
4. Morgan
5. D. Williams

6. Maloney
7. T.Smith

8. Mannah
9. K. Keating
10. *
11. Tanginoa
12. T rex
13. Mateo

14. Kingston
15. Moi Moi
16. Allgood
17. Horo

Really him smith???

Surly hodkinson is better then that merkin.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Just because they were all playing here, does NOT mean we could've kept them all.

1- INU [took $325k to go to Warriors]
2 - Tupou
3 - Lyon [piggsy wanted out - can't keep that]
4 - Tahu [mentally unstable when he left us, flopped for Penrith too[
5 - Wolfman/Tafua/Graham/Reddy - all better than our wingers [sure, but most of those blokes were let go when we had Guru and Inu on the flanks. Except Reddy, who is crap]
6 - Maloney [Thanks a lot Hages.]
7 - Hodkinson [Thanks a lot Hages. Package deal with Maloney in being punted]
8 - Gallen [really? poached as an 18 year old, and was on nobodies radar. We had Hindy Hindy and Ryan establishing themselves as our backrow when he left]
9 - Kinga/Morris(lol)Mitchell even Kris Keating is better than what we have atm. [Mitchell and KK are crap. Kingston not allowed to keep. Everyone wanted Morris gone (rightly so). Marginal upgrade]
10 - Poore i know i know but he would be an improvement [not an improvement - we let him go for a reason]
11 - T Rex [Thanks a lot Fitzy. Spending $150k upgrading Hauraki, Oake and Tautai instead :crazy: ]
12 - Horo [meh? we ditched him to get out of his $250kish salary, Manly aren't paying it all, but nor are we!]
13 - Mateo [Took $450k to go to Warriors. Not worth it]

14 - Buhrer [is he that good?]
15 - Faaso [still drops the ball all the time]
16 - Lowrie [lol.]
17 - Joey G [cap forced him out - but oh well]

Sooo - of the ones who we SHOULD have kept (at the time they left), I'm thinking Gallen (but then again we had an awesome backrow when he left as a youngster) - but hindsight is king on him.
Then there's Tupou, Maloney and Hodkinson.
And also T-Rex

Bad choices on all those blokes. But I'll bet every club makes bad choices?

The fact that there are a lot of Parra juniors running around at other clubs does not necessarily mean that we made dud decisions in getting rid of them, or letting them go for $$$ (or them storming out).

Lowrie, lol, he's shit.

We are coming last. 3 years in a row. Yes we would have been better off.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I didn't mean when i started this thread we should have or could have kept them all. With a nursery like ours it is not possible.

As i said i was copping it deluxe of some friends and it really started when one of my friends said with your big nursery besides Hayne what decent player have your fabled nursery produced the last 8-10 years. After i came up with some of the juniors that have came through here we decided to name a team.

As Jake has said, we are last, we were last all of last year and only just missed the spoon the year before and if some of those names on the list couldn't make a massive difference than i'll give it away.

Sure OMC we couldn't match the dollars for Mateo and INU but like T Rex they weren'y considered priorities and should have been signed up before some of the rubbish we did sign. Yow Yeh is another.

forestfan

Juniors
I dont give a f***

this season is absolutely well and truly gone and obviously the players that were told werent wanted are performing like they dont give a f*** and actually that doesnt make any sense, they gotta impress other clubs

I think by me accepting 2013 is dead, and that ay least stick is blooding newbies helps to ease the pain of getting smashed

and as for the eels reels /interviews /media they do this week Id like if they..... f**king drop any bollocks this week about bouncing back..i know youll bounce back from this abomination but actually string 3 decent performances togetehr FOR A START and I dont care if we dont win..im realistic 2014 is stickys year to prove himself but for god sake as a fan watching week/in out from the otherside of the world you put up crap like that? just makes me sick..#parra2014 #spoonx2 #parratillidie

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The reason most of those players are now good is because they left Parra. They'd be duds if they'd stayed here.

It's a bit simplistic to say we should have kept them and they'd be good players.

fish eel

Immortal
I know this subject has probably been done to death but i was watching the game with some friends who were giving me an unmerciful bagging. Even worse when they started bring up all the Parra players we have let go or lost over the years. The list is enough to make a guy with a glass eye cry. This is a side we came up with without too much thought, feel feel to add other players to this list.

1- INU
2 - Tupou
3 - Lyon
4 - Tahu
5 - Wolfman/Tafua/Graham/Reddy - all better than our wingers
6 - Maloney
7 - Hodkinson
8 - Gallen
9 - Kinga/Morris(lol)Mitchell even Kris Keating is better than what we have atm.
10 - Poore i know i know but he would be an improvement
11 - T Rex
12 - Horo - amazing how much you can improve away from this shithole
13 - Mateo

14 - Buhrer
15 - Faaso
16 - Lowrie
17 - Joey G - i know he just retired but still.

Props are a bit thin but all those guys mentioned are better than the majority of our team. I'm sure i've missed a few.

And people on here were happy to see most of those guys leave.....