What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Man Mick Stone And his 1992 rule book

Eddie.

Bench
I posted this is the Parramatta forum but i feel the need to post it here tas well.

How on earth is Perenara meant to stop on the spot from where he was dragged down???? I can just see Mick scrambling on his glasses and opening the trusty 1922 rule book which he created after refing the 1922 Annandale, University clash.

Has Old man Mick ever heard of momentum?? , i mean its just about common sense here, Perenara's momentum took him over the line, it would of been bloody difficult for him to stop him self sliding and bouncing off the ground and over the line.

Old Man Mick has cost the Tigers many times with his 1922 rule book written in crayon and he just continues to get decisions wrong in my mind.

Tommy Smith

Referee
And just on the other disallowed try...isn't there a rule where you can't be off-side in the in-goal??? Or am i just way off on that one? Any rule experts there?

Tommy Smith

Referee
From NRL.com:

"When Off Side
A player is off side except when he is in his own in-goal if the ball touches, is touched, held or kicked, by one of his own team behind him."

Well that explains it.

Kris_man

Bench
Tommy Smith said:
And just on the other disallowed try...isn't there a rule where you can't be off-side in the in-goal??? Or am i just way off on that one? Any rule experts there?

1) yes there is that rule, but it's only if you're in your own in-goal.
2) it wouldn't have mattered anyway, 'cos Peachey knocked on (am i thinking of the right incident?)

ozboy

Juniors
The problem was that Perenara lifted his arm and advanced the ball over the try line. If Perenara had just kept his arm in the same position and allowed for his momentum to carry his body over it would have been a try.

Foz

Bench
Did he lift his arm or did it bounce up?
In slow motion you get the impression he lifted his arm and thought about where he was going to put it.
When it happens so quick you find your arm mid-air so you naturally put the ball over the line.
Watching it first off I'd have given a try. It was only the replay that cast any doubt on it.
A bit stiff.

Frailty

First Grade
How funny how parra complain about the ref, do they know the penalty count was 10-6 in favour of parramatta? Perenara did promote that ball, but i thought benefit of a doubt maybe... but thats a very slim maybe... Parra needs to stop worrying about the referee and learn how to tackle and play football!

Latest posts