What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

old rugby league games on vhs/dvd

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I have the 94 Newcastle V Canberra game on VHS. The one where Mullins scores 4 tries and the Raiders win by 50 points?

Canberra89

Juniors
Cheers for the quick reply guys..... Is there any chance of a trade for the mullins game.... I also noticed RL films is down hopefully it doesn't just disappear

Canberra89

Juniors
I just re read that it was still on tape....
I would also like to get my hands on the Brisbane game as well if possible Walt... If you want anything from my list let me know otherwise im happy to throw you some coin for it...

Anthony82

Juniors
hi I am new here and I was wonders if any one as bigleague videos from 1995. I relly neeed. volume 3 of 7 to fishted my collection I pay you all maybe some. out there just as this. video and can tell if it as r12 to r 22 on in thanks

Moony

Juniors
I have every broncos game on DVD now, obviously a lot where originally on VHS but I had a mate burn the lot a while ago, Plus every single origin game. Willing to swap/sell for any old game worth watching....with senseless violence that is. Love the biff
Hi Bruce. Can you send me a list of Newcastle games you have

siv

First Grade
Interesting old thread

Love to find a way we could get these old games available to view again

Just being able to watch your a season of your club in order during the off season is great

But so many games pre VHS 1979 are lost

Even Kayo only goes back to 2012

horrie hastings

First Grade
Lots of games popping up on youtube now.
This morning i watched Easts vs Souths at the Sydney Sports Ground from 1982 and then watched the semi between East and West at the SCG from 1982.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The NRL HATES free promotion so I expect these to be taken down
These games pre date the NRL so good luck.
Its funny the East vs West game was obviously taken off a video and had flicks through it but it looked like the tape had been cleaned up and the quality was excellent on the big screen and it sounded like the audio had been cleaned up too, i was very surprised by the quality.

roofromoz

First Grade
The NRL website has full replays going back to 2010 (separate videos for each half) if you go to the draw section and pick individual matches. Not sure if it is for each match though and haven't checked whether you can say Chromecast them.

Diesel

Referee
Kayo has a handful of games. I’m sure someone can figure out how to save any copies… it’s beyond my capacity of putting tape or a matchstick over the VHS tab that was pulled off to stop taping over stuff

I’m looking for a 1986 game between Panthers & Dragons.

The game features Paul “Ossie” Osborne making his first grade debut.

It was played at Penrith Park with the Panthers winning 22-6.

Cronin & Rogers

Juniors
have probably got over 100 games in my collection atm.
mostly looking for 70s 80s games.

would also like to get my hands on old telecasts of the rothmans medal or dally m awards, if anyone has any would be happy to trade.

I did a search a while ago on some old games here on LU (coca cola world 7's stuff) and from memory I came across an old thread including posts from @bileduct who suggested they had a bunch of old games going back into the 90's etc.

I could be wrong but remembered an absolute stack of games listed. Apols if it wasnt you Mr Bile - but thought to share with some goldseekers on here.

And while I'm here - would love any advice on Adelaide Rams games for the record. There's a game vs Warriors on Kayo and some "wobbly stuff" on Youtube. But any advice welcomed!

Cheers,
BBJF.

bileduct

Coach
I did a search a while ago on some old games here on LU (coca cola world 7's stuff) and from memory I came across an old thread including posts from @bileduct who suggested they had a bunch of old games going back into the 90's etc.

I could be wrong but remembered an absolute stack of games listed. Apols if it wasnt you Mr Bile - but thought to share with some goldseekers on here.

And while I'm here - would love any advice on Adelaide Rams games for the record. There's a game vs Warriors on Kayo and some "wobbly stuff" on Youtube. But any advice welcomed!

Cheers,
BBJF.

Yeah, that was me.

I might have another crack at converting them to digital format and put 'em up on Youtube.