What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

old rugby league games on vhs/dvd

Generalzod

Immortal
The 1987 grand Final was one of the hottest on record, actually I remember it well. Dad took us to the beach at Gunnamatta that day.

The 1987 grand Final was one of the hottest on record, actually I remember it well. Dad took us to the beach at Gunnamatta that day.

I was at the game, sitting on the hill with the Raiders supporters. The biggest cheer was when a water fight broke out up there and all of us got a good splatter of water on us to cool us all down. It was so hot I could have sworn one of the blow flies spontaneously combusted 😜

horrie hastings

First Grade
Another match I would love to see was in the third round of the 1979 pre season comp where Easts beat Parramatta 11-10. It was the first game under lights at the SCG, what i remember, Russell Fairfax scoring a try for Easts, Ken Wright scoring for Easts when Graham Olling dropped a bomb, Peter Sterling scoring for Parramatta after Fairfax tried to knock a bomb dead. Easts had scored 3 tries to 2 but trailed 9-10 till Ken Wright kicked a penalty goal to give Easts the win 11-10. Think it was Kevin Stevens who missed the three conversions for the Easts tries.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Anyone got games from 1980-1983? I’m after a few specific St George and Newtown games in particular. Any collectors happy to share their list of games from that time? Some sentimental value so happy to discuss $ if you’ve got the ones I’m after.

T-Boon

Coach
Anyone got games from 1980-1983? I’m after a few specific St George and Newtown games in particular. Any collectors happy to share their list of games from that time? Some sentimental value so happy to discuss $ if you’ve got the ones I’m after.

T-Boon

Coach
Thankyou mate, cracker. Hoping to find the return fixture from round 22 that year!
I found that one I sent in 1 minute on YouTube so search on there. There are so many on there. Subscribe to who ever put that one up and you’re likely find what you want. Provided it was a televised game at the time.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore

That's why Cliffy was at the Paddo RSL half an before the game.

Needed a nice icy beer before going out there to win the Clive Churchill.

And you know if you're there you might as well have a flutter...