What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O'Meley set for wooden spoon duty

MattyB

Juniors
Shame, he was with us for so long, still the money he was offered is way more then he was worth.

Penance

Juniors
LOL! Why would he sign in round 4? What if Roosters go Winless and Doggies win the premiership? hahaha.

The Preacher

First Grade
Then he get's a comp this year and plenty $$$$$ for the next 3 years.
The Chooks may well go back to being the transit lounge for players to pick up big $'s, for no effort, that it was for soooo many years !!!

Danish

Referee
Wheelsy said:
Ha ha!
Will Willie Mason say to him that "he'll never play finals football again" like he did to Asotasi...

For our sake I sure hope so.

I assume he would have been had for $400K or thereabouts. If the current Australian prop is not worth that then I dont know who would be. Its hard to find an extra $50K's worth in SBW or Asotasi for example.

Either way, great signing for easts.

P.S I love the dogs fans acting as though he is "their" player, as though he is a junior or something. You are his 3rd club in a handful of years.

Pistol

Coach
anasta, harrison, o'meley, minichiello, fitzgibbon,

thats a fairly massive chunk of the salary cap

Danish

Referee
shear_joy9 said:
Your forgetting that the salary cap doesn't apply to the Roosters.

They can still afford a few more internationals

:roll:

how many current internationals do we have in our team??

Toops, Mini, Soli.

Omeley will make 4.

Danish

Referee
Pistol said:
anasta, harrison, o'meley, minichiello, fitzgibbon,

thats a fairly massive chunk of the salary cap

Asotasi, Kidwell, Fa'alogo, widders, Vagana, Hegarty (they paid a bucketload for him).......

I wonder how much they take up?

every team is in the same situation. Your team apparently had a million left over to sign Tuquiri.

Trentski

Juniors
:( why do they insist on buying players.

I feel sorry for the Juniors, current players...why don't they harness the talent already present and make them into better players.

Pistol

Coach
Danish said:
Asotasi, Kidwell, Fa'alogo, widders, Vagana, Hegarty (they paid a bucketload for him).......

I wonder how much they take up?

every team is in the same situation. Your team apparently had a million left over to sign Tuquiri.

preaching to the wrong choir there

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:nwave: Mark. Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out ;-)

Ice777

Bench
Trentski said:
:( why do they insist on buying players.

I feel sorry for the Juniors, current players...why don't they harness the talent already present and make them into better players.

Because they're trying to buy a premiership in the short term. It rarely works.

Trentski

Juniors
Valea said:
05 - anasta
06 - myles
07 - o'meley

not to mention the half a dozen fringe FG players theyve poached.

True

But with all the talk going on about Souths? They did the exact same thing. Bought their team.

philstorm

Juniors
Danish said:
:roll:

how many current internationals do we have in our team??

Toops, Mini, Soli.

Omeley will make 4.

Who are you kidding - Mini and Ogre will never play for Austraila again whilst in Roosters colours.

legend

Coach
Joel Mongasham signed for around 275k per year for three years but they'll probably release that nuffy and Manly will pay 25% more to get thim because he started his career with the Raiders.

legend

Coach
Trentski said:
True

But with all the talk going on about Souths? They did the exact same thing. Bought their team.

Souths didn't have the high price roster like the Roosters do. Regardless of how they perform on the field, the Roosters pay big money to their useless "stars".

Monaghan - 275k
O'Meley - 400k
Anasta - 350k
Minichiello - 350k
Myles - 300k
Harrison - 300k

That is 50% of their salary cap right there and the only junior is Mini. The other were all paid significant amounts to jump ship and there are others who haven't been added in. Guys like Fitzgibbon, Flannery and Soliola wouldn't come cheap either.

Inferno

Coach
Good buy for the Chooks for 400k. Any more and they paid overs.

That said we paid Ben Ross 400k, so I guess I can't really talk.

Latest posts