What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O'Meley set for wooden spoon duty

johns_reds

First Grade
400/450k a year is a good purchase for O'Meley IMO.
If you ask me doggies paid overs for Mason, i'd have O'Meley instead of Mason any day

Ice777

Bench
El Diablo said:
Why wouldn't they buy a big name if it helps them get out of the cellar???

nice to see you changing your tune :lol:

how many juniors did you say Melbourne had??

Can you go back and point out to me where i once said there was anything wrong with what they're doing? I'll be waiting for my quote to prove i said otherwise but i'll be waiting for a longh time because i never said otherwise. All i said was they're trying to buy a premiership and it rarely works. Did i say it was wrong?

Oh and to answer your question. Melbourne have no juniors and i already said we have to buy our players because of it. So either you didn't read that bit or you're just too stupid to understand it. I'm tipping the latter.

hrundi99

First Grade
Ice777 said:
A few juniors, plenty of juniors, a sh*tload of juniors. It doesn't matter of dribbly one once again you fail to grasp the point. They have juniors and continue buy the big names in their quest to get them the flag. One of their own supporters actually made the point and i just elaborated on it. Capiche? Meh, of course you don't :lol:

What is this "Flag" of which you speak?

I thought teams in the NRL competed for a trophy...?

Hindyscrack

Bench
philstorm said:
Who are you kidding - Mini and Ogre will never play for Austraila again whilst in Roosters colours.

Dont bet on it... Give mini half a season he will be back to his best, he has lost a lot of strength in his time off.

Freak2

Juniors
Me thinks time to target underpaid players at the Roosters!

Topou, Lewis, Pearce.

One would think it is getting a bit tight around Bondi for a little upgrade to current contracts after 2 big priced front rowers have come to town!!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ice777 said:
Can you go back and point out to me where i once said there was anything wrong with what they're doing? I'll be waiting for my quote to prove i said otherwise but i'll be waiting for a longh time because i never said otherwise. All i said was they're trying to buy a premiership and it rarely works. Did i say it was wrong?

so if it's not wrong, why is it that you have a bug up your arse about it???

fact is they don't have plenty of juniors. they have to buy players.

Ice777

Bench
El Diablo said:
so if it's not wrong, why is it that you have a bug up your arse about it???

fact is they don't have plenty of juniors. they have to buy players.

Who's got a bug up their arse about it? You might be into the sort of stuff dribblo but leave me out of your perverted activities i'm not into that sort of sh*t :lol:

I'll say it again just so you won't put more words in my mouth. There is nothing wrong with buying players (and you still haven't quoted me where i said it was wrong) i was just giving my opinion to one of their supporters who asked why they're buying players when they have their own juniors. Phew that was exhausting, kind of like trying to explain something to a 3 year old. Hang on thet'd be easier.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ice777 said:
Who's got a bug up their arse about it? You might be into the sort of stuff dribblo but leave me out of your perverted activities i'm not into that sort of sh*t :lol:

I'll say it again just so you won't put more words in my mouth. There is nothing wrong with buying players (and you still haven't quoted me where i said it was wrong) i was just giving my opinion to one of their supporters who asked why they're buying players when they have their own juniors. Phew that was exhausting, kind of like trying to explain something to a 3 year old. Hang on thet'd be easier.
here are their junior clubs http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=7-2155-0-0-0&sID=17196

Compare this to say Parramatta http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=7-724-0-0-0&a=CLUBS

spot the difference???

and why do i have to quote you :?

it's obvious you think they're doing things wrong

bulldog

Bench
Danish said:
P.S I love the dogs fans acting as though he is "their" player, as though he is a junior or something.

I love the way this same comment gets trotted out every time the Roosters nab another high profile player, most people are disappointed to see classy players leaving the club they support.:crazy:

You are his 3rd club in a handful of years.

So he's the ideal man for you guys then, congrats, loyalty isn't high on the list of pre-requisites at the Roosters? Seems a bit of Blue and White history is though.

Ice777

Bench
El Diablo said:

Obvious how? Because i said they're trying to buy a premiership? I think they're trying to do that and get success quicker but i don't think it's wrong. On the contrary, if they have the money and they can do it then more power to them and i haven't said anything different. Can i make it any more simpler than that?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ice777 said:
Obvious how? Because i said they're trying to buy a premiership? I think they're trying to do that and get success quicker but i don't think it's wrong. On the contrary, if they have the money and they can do it then more power to them and i haven't said anything different. Can i make it any more simpler than that?
of course it's quicker you drip

they only have 4 junior clubs

avsterooster

Juniors
El Diablo said:
here are their junior clubs http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=7-2155-0-0-0&sID=17196

Compare this to say Parramatta http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=7-724-0-0-0&a=CLUBS

spot the difference???

and why do i have to quote you :?

thats exactly right el diablo
everyone immedietely thinks 100 years oh we are full of juniors, after being able to referee the eastern suburbs district as the attachment says the roosters only have 4 sides compared to about 12 or 16 from souths in the same league...
2 of those 4 sides dont even have a grade teams some of the time.

we have hardly any junior area, that the nrl have allocated to us

skeepe

Immortal
Ice777 said:

You do realise that you might get one first grade quality from a junior club per year, and that's if you're lucky right?

Then again, with Melbourne not having junior clubs I can understand how you'd be confused.

Latest posts