What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On 2ue this morning

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
They were asking callers to ring in Predictions and without doubt Some Nuffy :roll: Parra supporter rang in and predicted Tim Smith will be playing halfback for QLD origin this year. This puts higher than usual expectations on this kid who has not played NRL yet. We risk turning him into Another Anasta, a dud of the highest proportions. Some people need to relax a little. We need to be patient with Tim as he will make mistakes because of his limited time in the top grade. Origin is out of the question for him, This year. He needs to prove himself week in week out before he is to become a Orgin player.

Mate, I know where you're coming from.

But I know one thing for sure - Tim Smith's number one critic (and quite possbily enemy as well) is Tim Smith.

It is up to him how he takes all the talk.

As a challenge to play as well as he possibly can.

Or as an excuse to get nervous and play badly.

Personally, from what I have seen and heard, I know he has the right attitude and all the skills. I think the former choice is what will happen.

Eelementary said:
Jake the snake said:
They were asking callers to ring in Predictions and without doubt Some Nuffy :roll: Parra supporter rang in and predicted Tim Smith will be playing halfback for QLD origin this year. This puts higher than usual expectations on this kid who has not played NRL yet. We risk turning him into Another Anasta, a dud of the highest proportions. Some people need to relax a little. We need to be patient with Tim as he will make mistakes because of his limited time in the top grade. Origin is out of the question for him, This year. He needs to prove himself week in week out before he is to become a Orgin player.

Mate, I know where you're coming from.

But I know one thing for sure - Tim Smith's number one critic (and quite possbily enemy as well) is Tim Smith.

It is up to him how he takes all the talk.

As a challenge to play as well as he possibly can.

Or as an excuse to get nervous and play badly.

Personally, from what I have seen and heard, I know he has the right attitude and all the skills. I think the former choice is what will happen.

You have a point.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just from what I have seen (I saw him in two trial matches; unfortunately, couldn't stay for 80 minutes) and heard, and given the way he plays and trains, I think he will be a success.

Maybe not this year, maybe not next year.

But if he keeps this up, I have no doubt that maybe by 5 years' time he will be one of the best halvs in the competition. He has a great attitude, and a dazzling array of skills.

And from what I know of his personality, Timmy will take these constant media sessions and hype as a challenge to improve his game and prove to everyone that his impressive trial form was not a fluke.

Yeah I know he is good, infact he is very good. As I saw him play alot of Juniors. Don't get me wrong Im not questioning for one second his attiude or talent as I know he has heaps of it and he will go a very long way.

The thing that pissed me off was that guy on radio this morning proclaiming the new QLD halfback this year without Tim playing a proper NRL match. I mean the poor Parra supporter probably just can't contain himself cause we have good half now.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i just can't wait to see tim smith cement his firstgrade spot and then celebrate as blake green comes through the ranks. they caused alot of damage as halves partners in flegg

Origin is a huge ask he's only just started first grade for gods sake! In the future maybe but definitely not this year.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
Yeah I know he is good, infact he is very good. As I saw him play alot of Juniors. Don't get me wrong Im not questioning for one second his attiude or talent as I know he has heaps of it and he will go a very long way.

The thing that pissed me off was that guy on radio this morning proclaiming the new QLD halfback this year without Tim playing a proper NRL match. I mean the poor Parra supporter probably just can't contain himself cause we have good half now.

Very true mate.

On another note, didn't some deluded person also make that comment about Witt a few years back?

:lol:

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
:lol:
Some people have no idea!!!!
I would just be happy if Smith holds down the half back positions...not expecting any more out of him!!!!
Been in this position over a half back so many times i havent got enough fingers on my hand!

george

Juniors
Boys & girls ...

the caller to 2ue this morning was me and consider the following before ridiculing my prediction...

1. Smith's only opposition for the QLd halfback role is Scott Prince & possibly Brett Seymour from Brisbane if he is injury free;
2. Prince will be playing behind a far worse pack than he did last year with the loss of Sattler & Senter;
3. T Smith is the goods - blind freedy could see that;
4. T Smith has been in all the junior rep sides for a number of years now;
5. Wayne Bennett has been known to pick QLD origin halves out of the blue, for example

Allan Langer was picked by Bennett when playing for ipswich as an 18 year old. He won 2 mom in his first origin series and player of the series;
Micheal Hagan a 5/8 & the biggest half-back in the world was Bennetts origin half in a winning series;
Laurie Spina was picked from the Roosters Reserve Grade to play a series at half for QLD.

Before you all go and ridicule me again also consider that Micheal Witt was picked by Bennett 2 years ago in QLD pre-season Origin squad as a reserve grader. Unlike Brian Smith, Bennett puts faith in untried youngsters, that why they love playing for him and you never hear of a disgruntled Bronco. even the ones that leave love him.

Once again, T Smith will play some part in origin this year and the GF will be between Dogs & Penrith with Parra & Storm the two dark horses.

PS... anyway a got the New Footy Show DVD for the call so I was happy

george

Juniors
Jake...

I probably seen more Parra halfs over the years than you've had sexual encounters.

Listen & Learn

Stagger eel

Staff member
oh! georgie!! Georgie!! #-o

at the moment both Scott Prince and Brett Seymour are infront of Smith. you can also add Fien, Thurston, Payne and Casey McGuire.

Mate, he hasn't proved himself he's yet to make his first grade debut he won't be considered nor should he at the moment, give him a season in the top grade before you make an outlandish statement.

Pazza

First Grade
I hope he doesnt play origin because it will drive his resigning price threw the roof and i dont want a key player like TS not playing and it might even be possible that Marsh will be playing origin also.

Grantwhy

Juniors
george said:
1. Smith's only opposition for the QLd halfback role is Scott Prince & possibly Brett Seymour from Brisbane if he is injury free;

And Chris Sheppard (Cowboys). Don't forget, last year Nathan Fien had been replaced in first grade by Chris Sheppard and was playing in the Qld Cup untill Sheppard had a season ending injury.

Heck, after last season Fien might be in with a chance? (not the best playmaker but a solid player)

And while Sheppard has a bit more improving to go, he's got decent playmaking ability (IMO :)) and makes the race for Qld halfback a 3 (or 4 ;-)) horse race.

strider

Post Whore
george said:
5. Wayne Bennett has been known to pick QLD origin halves out of the blue, for example

What does it matter who Wayne Bennett picks? Hagan is the coach now. Is Bennett a selector or something?

I don't think it matters if people are talking about Tim for SOO or whatever - cos he'll have Brian Smith in the other ear bringing him back down to earth a bit :lol:

Maybe Timmy is good enough for SOO - only time will tell....he's already got over one obstacle - the Parra starting position....we all know Smithy isn't big at playing youngsters before they are ready and the fact that he's picked him at half over other options (PJ and they let Witty, who at least had experience, go) has gotta say something for the faith Brian has in Tim in a season where Brian knows he needs results.

fish eel

Immortal
at the moment both Scott Prince and Brett Seymour are infront of Smith. you can also add Fien, Thurston, Payne and Casey McGuire.

Berrigan would play half ahead of him as well. In fact, if they got really desperate, PJ Marsh would get picked as half ahead of him this year.

Latest posts