What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the bright side

Fin

Juniors
We've found our #7 for next year. Another great performance, great kicking game, close to best on ground for us. Took over when Dykesy went off injured - heck even outshone Dykes when he was on there. With a full off-season under his belt training in the #7, Noddy shouldn't even get a look in next year.

wittyfan

Referee
Noddy is part of the furniture, just like one of the those cheap plastic seats that are screwed into the floor.

Sober

Juniors
I was again impressed by Seymour tonight, as I have been for the last few weeks.I think he has a big future at the club. One thing I've noticed is he isn't afraid to run the ball or pass on the last tackle on the opposition try line. Noddy almost exclusively kicks it.
I'd hope that Ricky makes Noddy earn his spot back (if he can, Seymour's on fire). You can't just drop Seymour with the consistent form he's been showing.

BWNB

First Grade
We saw some variety and great vision tonight by Seymour, His kick for Covells first try. His grubber to himself for the repeat and when he did the cross feild kick for the Cov for his last try, awesom. When have we had so much variety?

Stonecutter

First Grade
BlacK_WhitE_N_BluE said:
We saw some variety and great vision tonight by Seymour, His kick for Covells first try. His grubber to himself for the repeat and when he did the cross feild kick for the Cov for his last try, awesom. When have we had so much variety?

With Dykes last year. It's a shame he can't stay on the field long enough to produce again. Age has caught up to him big time this season.

ghoti

Bench
BlacK_WhitE_N_BluE said:
I thought the same thing in the Parramatta game. His kicking game is impeccable....the opposition never knows whats coming. He was throwing chips all over the park, kicks to both corners, it's fantastic to see that in a Cronulla #7 for once.

He's got to be considered our number one halfback choice for next season...Noddy just can't compete with what Seymour has to offer at the moment. It might be time for Noddy to consider a release to save the embarrassment of playing poorly at 5/8 for the first 5 rounds of next season before he gets punted.

BWNB

First Grade
ghoti said:
I thought the same thing in the Parramatta game. His kicking game is impeccable....the opposition never knows whats coming. He was throwing chips all over the park, kicks to both corners, it's fantastic to see that in a Cronulla #7 for once.

He's got to be considered our number one halfback choice for next season...Noddy just can't compete with what Seymour has to offer at the moment. It might be time for Noddy to consider a release to save the embarrassment of playing poorly at 5/8 for the first 5 rounds of next season before he gets punted.

Yea i agree with that, i Seymour has been very solid since he has come aboard. Just wondering what sticky would say.

tye

Juniors
Seymour is going great but I would like to know our win/loss ratio in regards to noddy!!! this season. Off memory I thought we were going pretty well with our country & SOO 1/2 back untill he was injured.... But I could be wrong.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Just when noddy got injured we were still in the 8 but we were already begining to slide. Injuries to Dykes and Kearney, Seymour on the outer and SOO really messed us up. It was about the time where the opposition found out Kimmorleys unpredictable tactics and he played horrible for the few weeks before the injury.

fatshark

Bench
Seymour is good, but he has to take more control and lead em around the park a bit. A good example was the field gaol attempt. He should of told Bird to f**k off and let him take it.

Nullajet

Juniors
can somebody.......any f**king body tell me why the bloke who won the game with a field goal last week was not given a shot this week......

insstead bird kicks a dead set f**king shocker and then Covell kicks a f**king grubber???

RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
It is a real shame that stupidity even affects coaches as much as some supporters.

Stuart should have just f*cked off kimmorley as soon as it was mentioned last year. (remember Theo Burgess & Greg Pierce were keen to offload Kimmorley?)

400 fuuken grand we would have & we would have the option of Dykes, Seymour, kearney & Henry & even Bird. Where the f*ck is there room for a f*cken Kimmorley in that lot? AT 400 f*ckEN GRAND!!!!

metalshark

Juniors
Kimmorley must go! Seymour is great and must be the #7. There are big raps on blake green so here's hoping for a good halves combo. Should be a quality team in 08

1 Kearney
2 Brown
3 Pom
4 McNichol
5 Covell
6 Green
7 Seymour
8 Ross
9 De Gois
10 Douglas
11 Thomo
12 Gallen
13 Bird

14 Williams
15 Norrie
16 Perenara
17 Snowden

carinashark

First Grade
Yes a good team . But will the coach think to get them to practice the feild goal. Games are being decided by a feild goal and we cant kick them so we loose . Will we carry this inept thinking into 08? I recon we will. We wont dominate the comp on 08 our games will be close , maybe with extra time involved and we will have to be good at the feild goal.
The oppertunity presents itself at the end of the first half, we never take it . Taking the feild goal at the end of the first half sends a message to the opposition , it says we are thinking tacticly , it says we are ready to play hard in the next 40 min , it says we dont have to kick one , they do.

Latest posts