What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

on the clock

Weaponhead

Coach
We had Barry Pierce & where did he get us???

Unfortunately he had no money and no influence

Easts are on TV bcuase they appeal to the big end of town. They have plnty of influence in the corridors of power hence the preferrential treatment. Great pitch to potential sponsos when you are on prime time FTA TV every week. The excuses from Crawley were nauseating in their predicatability. Unfortunately, Cronulla has no one with anywhere the influence of Politis, Bouris, Gyngell etc. We are the ugly duckling of the NRL and have to sort out our future without any leg up from the NRL.

Stuff

Juniors
:? wtf has the last 10 years got to do with 2010..sfa thats what

You poor, simple, close minded individual. Without a second of play for the 2010 season underway what are they bound to use as form if not the past?

Vossy

Bench
You poor, simple, close minded individual. Without a second of play for the 2010 season underway what are they bound to use as form if not the past?

Yeah cause they will decide tv games based on 2000 and 2001

they also didn't base the first 5 rounds on last season

get a clue ya dope

SharkShocked

Bench
If the seemingly inevitable does happen and we are without a major sponsor for the season, would it be a wise idea to go down the same path as the Bulldogs and look at putting a charity on the jersey?

One would think that given the Sharks have already had some small links with the McGrath foundation and the fact that they are a local family this would be fairly easy to establish?

Could even tie a few events into it at Shark Park and look to make a bit of coin out of it? Sharks Celebrity T20 match featuring McGrath & S.Clark, Half Time entertainment McGrath v one lucky spectator every 6 hit the spectator wins a prize or cash or something?

Thoughts?

yeah mcgrath foundation would be a smart option.

we need a sponsorship though. its the #1 thing for the new board to achieve.

Jan 19th now.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
If the seemingly inevitable does happen and we are without a major sponsor for the season, would it be a wise idea to go down the same path as the Bulldogs and look at putting a charity on the jersey?

One would think that given the Sharks have already had some small links with the McGrath foundation and the fact that they are a local family this would be fairly easy to establish?

Could even tie a few events into it at Shark Park and look to make a bit of coin out of it? Sharks Celebrity T20 match featuring McGrath & S.Clark, Half Time entertainment McGrath v one lucky spectator every 6 hit the spectator wins a prize or cash or something?

Thoughts?

Here's a thought. No cricket pitch on shark park. Nobody is hitting any 6's facing McGrath and Clark on the green, green expanse of Shark Park. Too public liability risk.

SharkShocked

Bench
There's no cricket pitch on the beach and they lay down the mats to play on, very simple solution there, use the same ball they use for the beach cricket tournaments they run.

I'm pretty sure that Clark and McGrath would be taking it lightly and as a bit of a muck around and would make it easy enough to hit 6's, especially considering you could setup the pitch to be facing the ET stand making it a pretty short hit.

Public liability is the only real issue that would need looking at.

My point is if they cannot attract a major sponsor (and i can't see how they possibly could given our current poor reputation) it would be the right kind of charity to put on the jersey and support with possible events & ideas.

There's no cricket pitch on the beach and they lay down the mats to play on, very simple solution there, use the same ball they use for the beach cricket tournaments they run.

I'm pretty sure that Clark and McGrath would be taking it lightly and as a bit of a muck around and would make it easy enough to hit 6's, especially considering you could setup the pitch to be facing the ET stand making it a pretty short hit.

Public liability is the only real issue that would need looking at.

My point is if they cannot attract a major sponsor (and i can't see how they possibly could given our current poor reputation) it would be the right kind of charity to put on the jersey and support with possible events & ideas.

I think your onto a great idea here mate.

Like you said if they can do something on sand they can easily come up with something in the middle of Shark Park.

Is there any more public liability than at the S.C.G?

McGrath and Clark are Sharks fans are popular amongst the public. Why shouldn't we have a go at tapping into that.

We should have a McGrath foundation day at one of our games. A big promotion of some sort and get us in the media spot light. You would get a lot of neutrals attending just on that.

Ok they are going to put their hands in their pocket for the McGrath foundation but they are also going to put them bum on a seat.

If we don't have a major sponsor by then put the McGrath foundation logo on the jersey and Glen can auction them off with his charity.

It will provide a feel good vibe for the area (god knows we need one), support a great charity and provide some entertainment at the ground at breaks with various activities with Glen and Stuart. And did I mention put some bums on seats.

Last edited:
There's quite a bit of time from when NYC finish and First Grade starts.

Perfect opportunity to have a fun celebrity cricket game of say half dozen overs each side.

The break between NYC and First Grade is so shyte boring.

Get onto it Beeker!!

good idea this cricket.

the liability thing would be an issue though.

20th Jan now. another day, another lost dollar.

whats doing sharkies?

also, according to the NRL were stil under 2000 season ticket holders.

fire up

Special K

Coach
on the clock?

that reminds me of that stupid tik tok song.. wake up in the morning feelin like pdiddy

Special K

Coach
Yeah I know but it still reminds me of that geniused song

l_c985c10c5fe89ff17143365337bb3676.jpg

Hot in that dirty s**tty way haha