What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One First Grade Game

TheFrog

Coach
Keirren Mosely appears set to join the elite band of players who played just one first grade game for the Panthers.

So elite I can't think of who the others are.

I'll look them up though, but meanwhile can anyone name any of the members of this, er, exclusive club?

(I thought of Shannon Donato, but checking it seems he played 2 games).

OK here are three from the early years.

Pat Hughes (1967)
Mike Wylie (1968)
Keith Broad (1969)

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Joe Williams (2008) 1 bad game at Suncorp and that was that. Hard to believe he was touted as a possible replacement for Gower..

Panfas

Juniors
As per this list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Penrith_Panthers_players

Peter Matson
Pat Hughes
Paul Hatton
Mike Wylie
Keith Broad
Peter Guthrie
Kevin Rafferty
David Goldman
Gary Nelson
Stephen Gauley
Gary Nicholls
Graham Ernst
Harry Peters
Cliff Cartwright
Kent Lambert
Phil Sinclair
Mark O'Dare
Mick Reed
Ken Jury
Paul Hunt
Rod Pethybridge
David Serg
Tony Gavan
Doug Russell
Stephen Davies
David Lenkeith
Shane Jones
Shane Doran
Michael Lans
Jacques Moliner
Sean Felstead
Darrien Doherty
Alex Geddes
Richard Korn
Scott Murray
Gavin Docherty
Rob Farrier
Sandy Epere
Grant Trindall
Phil Howlett
Col Murphy
Todd Gahagan
Gareth Payne
Michael Cartwright
David Barrett
Brian Leauma
Luke Dyer
Liam Georgetown
John Nuumaalii
Joe Williams
William Isa
Andrew Emelio
Ben McFadgean
Tom Eisenhuth
Kierran Moseley

Panther Pete

Juniors
I can think of quite a few who should only have ever played one game for us but went on to play many more!!

roofromoz

First Grade
Joe Williams (2008) 1 bad game at Suncorp and that was that. Hard to believe he was touted as a possible replacement for Gower..

Harder to believe that Elliott punted him after one match, considering others he allowed to have many, many more matches that arguably should have received similar treatment.

murraymob

Coach
Harder to believe that Elliott punted him after one match, considering others he allowed to have many, many more matches that arguably should have received similar treatment.

joe may have had a few other problems that held him back

TheFrog

Coach
To this list can now be added Malakai Watene-Zelezniak. The last one, Kierran Moseley, played 20 games with the Titans and is now with the Townsville Blackhawks in the Queensland Cup.

roofromoz

First Grade
What about the largest gap between their first and second match... it's a niche list, and one that Sione Katoa might be high up on.

EDIT: Peter Wallace would be higher... debuted in Round 17, 2005 and didn't play his second match until Round 1, 2007.

Latest posts