What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One major concern for me about sunday and the Storm

natheel

Coach
im reasonably confidant we can win on sunday but i have one daunting concern hanging over my mind and that is inglis running down grothes side and the tendency grothe has to come in off his wing. Joel Reddy will have to be 100% on his game to stop reddy. who plays defends on the inside of reddy? is it Lowrie or Hindy? id say DA will have Hindy roaming and keep his eye on slater and to make his usual desperate tackles to stop slater.

im confidant we can shut down slater but inglis on grothes wing worries me as he has made plenty of centre/wing combos look silly this season

1. Don't worry. even if Reddy isn't in top form I'm sure he'll have no problem stopping himself :lol:

2. Pretty sure Robbo has been defending inside Reddy in recent weeks. And doing a fine job at that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
im reasonably confidant we can win on sunday but i have one daunting concern hanging over my mind and that is inglis running down grothes side and the tendency grothe has to come in off his wing. Joel Reddy will have to be 100% on his game to stop reddy. who plays defends on the inside of reddy? is it Lowrie or Hindy? id say DA will have Hindy roaming and keep his eye on slater and to make his usual desperate tackles to stop slater.

im confidant we can shut down slater but inglis on grothes wing worries me as he has made plenty of centre/wing combos look silly this season

if we win and we do that by keeping inglis quiet than reddy would be a short price favoiurite for the CCM.

Redback71

First Grade
Dont worry this has been a ploy by Grothe on year to lull the oppostiton into attacking this side big time in anticaption of a grandfinal berth. You watch the Storm take the bait and Eric will punish them as a result.

Fathead

Bench
Just up in Brisbane at the moment and damn these Qlds are funny people.
It seems the whole of Qld are suddenly going for the Storm. When I ask them why, they mostly say because of Jarryd hayne and the conspiracy and that the Storm is full of Queenslanders " etc...
One would think as Australians , that they would be favouring the underdog and appreciate Parras rise from nowhere but no..
The majority of Queenslanders couldnt stand the storm recently but Parra are ceratinly on the nose up here.
and all this conspiracy talk .- They are always trying to screw us Queenslanders .... it does get old sometimes..

sarahk

Juniors
Lol even in sydney people are supporting storm. I think they're just jealous that were in it and their team isnt :)

parra pete

Referee
I'm backing Inu to be first, last try scorer and CCM winner. I reckon he is tuned for a blinder. Thought he had a great game against the Bulldogs - and will be improved greatly for the run...
He is the player who has slipped under the radar in match discussions, that is, in my opinion.

Raudonikis

Juniors
It seems the whole of Qld are suddenly going for the Storm. When I ask them why, they mostly say because of Jarryd hayne and the conspiracy and that the Storm is full of Queenslanders " etc...
One would think as Australians , that they would be favouring the underdog and appreciate Parras rise from nowhere but no..
The majority of Queenslanders couldnt stand the storm recently but Parra are ceratinly on the nose up here.
and all this conspiracy talk .- They are always trying to screw us Queenslanders .... it does get old sometimes..

mate if u r at the pub tell em to get stuffed

Raudonikis

Juniors
I'm backing Inu to be first, last try scorer and CCM winner. I reckon he is tuned for a blinder. Thought he had a great game against the Bulldogs - and will be improved greatly for the run...
He is the player who has slipped under the radar in match discussions, that is, in my opinion.

I like your opinion there pete.He should be primed now

natheel

Coach

who cares, doesnt bother me ppl are writing us off, ive been watching interviews of both eels and storm players and we look actually a bit more relaxed than them i think haynes comment yesterday about playing in 3 gfs and only winning 1 kinda hit a sore spot for them haha

Ron Jeremy

Coach
we will win this, people will know how negative i am in general towards our side, but believe me i have confidence we'll win this and inturn our side will be remembered for decades!

natheel

Coach

i think inu will have a solid game, i think mateo is primed for a huge one though

crocodile

Bench
Not quite so worried about this anymore. Ando has done good job nullifying it most times. Joel Reddy is also known for rushing up into the line early and is one of the reasons Eric sometimes comes in. Rather than slap their wrists you may have noticed in the last few weeks that the defenders inside Joel and Eric actually move wider behind these two to cover. It's been very effective lately and only a few tries have been scored there in the last few games rather than the multiple ones from earlier in the year. A masterful coach indeed.

natheel

Coach
well hopefully it works against inglis coz im sure the storm will pick away at that side alot of the night on sunday till they crack fingers crossed they stand strong

Parraren

Bench
I used to get nervous about these 'big' games and the other teams 'big' players too.

I've taken a leaf out of the teams approach this year and i'm just gonna relax and enjoy the experience.

Believe in the boys and believe in Ozy & Ando.

They can do it.

Kornstar

Coach
Eric just needs to put Inglis on his a$$ a few times with those shoulder charges he can come up with.

As long as the other guys can cover Eric him if/when Inglis gets the pass away it will make Inglis change his tactics a little, he may even be tentative if Eric can hammer him a few times early on.

We cannot afford for Melbourne to get a good start like we did the Bulldogs, we cannot bomb as many tries either as we did in the first half.

This should be a close game if the boys turn up.

forward pass

Coach
Everyone needs to play out of their skins to win this one. One interesting thing I have noticed about our play over the last few months is that we never seem to put on any set plays.

We used to have a few good ones involving Burt passing right and two decoy runners which we had bit of success with but we haven't persisted since Burt has gone back to wing.

Just something I have noticed.

junior009

Juniors

Inglis will have to be on his game to stop Joel Reddy!!!!

The main thing that has got me sh*tting myself, is Melbourne's motivation with a 40-zipper against them last year.

I know for Hindmarsh personally, his passion and determination would outweight all of that.

I hope the rest of the team gets just as motivated, and proves that the success oft the last couple of Storm games were anomalies due to poor opposition.

Bigfella

Coach
Not quite so worried about this anymore. Ando has done good job nullifying it most times. Joel Reddy is also known for rushing up into the line early and is one of the reasons Eric sometimes comes in. Rather than slap their wrists you may have noticed in the last few weeks that the defenders inside Joel and Eric actually move wider behind these two to cover. It's been very effective lately and only a few tries have been scored there in the last few games rather than the multiple ones from earlier in the year. A masterful coach indeed.

Very very good post.

Ando will have a plan - no fear.

Latest posts