What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One of the more useful stats...

Jimbo

Immortal
From Big League:

Cronulla-Sutherland are the best defensive team in the National Rugby League when it comes to the final 20 minutes of matches - the time when fatigue usually sets in and points are most leaked, indicating just how much their fitness and discipline has improved.

They have let in 124 points in their opening 60 minute periods this season, but just 14 points all season (while scoring 52) - that's in 160 minutes of playing time - in the 'back' 20 minutes of matches - an average of just 1.75

This has been noticeable all season (especially v the Cowboys), and won us the game last weekend.

It's the sort of thing that goes a long way in finals matches.

Well done Stuey :clap:

Alan Shore

First Grade
That's what we've been lacking for all these years. In the 1999, 2001 and 2002 Preliminary Finals we led for the first 40-60 minutes and got overran.

PeacheyPower

Juniors
I like to think of it as the closing 20 minutes. A bit like a last call if you will.

The field being like a pub,where the Sharks absorb all they possibly can in that final 20,hopefully score a couple of times and then wait till the've exited the pub before they leak.

The Popper

Bench
Very interesting. See how we go this week against the Raiders who can have a habit of coming home late on a speed game based around Smith.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
good stat to have. Our defence has been sensational.
I think discipline is the key.
While we keep our heads and stay focused we won't let the opposition score.

Are there any stats for the last 10 of the first half?

carinashark

First Grade
Thats a telling staT ! I hate all this stat stuff but jeez i like THAT one, seeing as most games seem to be won only in the last 10 min.
Carinashark

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Full credit to the boys. They were one of the first to start training and it has showed in there fitness.

Latest posts