What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One piece of fantastic news amongst all the other crap news for today.

mightypanther

Juniors
From Panthers Interactive - Max Cowan

Hello everyone The Battle Song that has been sung at the end of the players on field warm-up will not be heard at tonight's game.

The song is meant to be a call to arms and as such needs to gather behind it everyone who supports the team.

It has become clear that this particular song will not be able to do that. Perhaps it is the song itself, or we failed in the way we introduced this innovation.

It was certainly not the performer - David Aston is a passionate Panthers supporter who wanted to contribute to building atmosphere at our games and support for our team. I am certain his awesome talent and passion can be harnessed in a way that leads to a far better result.

Personally, I think David should receive a big cheer for his resilience - it demonstrated his passion for the team. How many of you guys would have been able to withstand the sort of treatment he was given in delivering the song.

I believe, though, that all the boos were not directed at him but at me and the administration team for persisting with it. I am happy to accept all the criticism but ...

Our decision to stop this song will not in any way deter us from introducing new elements to our game day. We will always look for improvements and we will often make mistakes. I am happy to make mistakes and undertake to make plenty more of them.

The idea of having a "call to arms" delivered as the players finish their warm-up is also something that has not been discarded. We have already have a couple of options but will be taking a closer look at this over the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, thanks to all fans for their feedback (positive and negative) on this particular innovation.
cheers
max

Sorry mightypanther - had to clean it up. We can no longer accept direct links from the PI forums - I know its not for inflammatory purposes and you're not intnetionally starting anything, but we must enforce the guidelines nevertheless!

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=170811

Just want to play it safe!

Cheers
choc_soldier

No worries Roo.
I understand. All is good.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I got to say I hated the battle song but did feel sorry for David as you could tell he was trying his guts out and if only for that reason didn't need to get booed.

Personally though I'd put up with the battle song if only it meant we were actually able to hold on to a few players and get a few decent signings.

mightypanther

Juniors
richie8u said:
So now we are the laughing stock just because of recuitment or lack of

Exactly........but only for now.

I'm sure they'll come up with something else very soon for everyone to laugh at.

choc_soldier

Coach
Great news! It wasn't the singer, it was what was being sung and its context.

All I can say is that people power works! Obviously the negativity was so much that the management could no longer justify it.

Shows that they listen to us sometimes.

mxlegend99

Referee
The singer did a great job i thought. But the style of music just sucks and worse yet, it doesn't belong at a football game.

I was embarressed to have him perform and am glad to see that our management finally got something right. Pity it's not something that will win us a game.

Panthagrey

Juniors
I dont blame the guy David Aston for trying and having the guts to get up and do it,it was an idea that was tried but due to public majority didnt work because not many liked it.
It was also a good innovation by the club to try something different althought it didnt succeed and is good to hear management commit to saying they made a mistake.
My thoughts would have been to look for a local band around the area and tell each band they get to come up with something new and different and then maybe hold a public talent session at the club and have people vote on who can come up with something new and interesting as a lead up to the game or an after game song kinda like they did for the aussie soccer there has to be some good talent out there who need a plug of some kind..:D

EzyG

Juniors
Thank god
That song is crap
I'm almost embarrassed before kick off listening to that rubbish
Keep on trying boys

try getting some ideas from Russel

or just try getting in touch with the modern game

Thanks

*Sandy*

First Grade
Our decision to stop this song will not in any way deter us from introducing new elements to our game day. We will always look for improvements and we will often make mistakes. I am happy to make mistakes and undertake to make plenty more of them.

Well that's good to read.

mightypanther

Juniors
Panthagrey said:
My thoughts would have been to look for a local band around the area and tell each band they get to come up with something new and different and then maybe hold a public talent session at the club and have people vote on who can come up with something new and interesting as a lead up to the game or an after game song kinda like they did for the aussie soccer there has to be some good talent out there who need a plug of some kind..:D

Brilliant idea. Go tell the club.

They keep saying they want ideas from the fans........and that is a good one.

Would be a great way to get the community involved in the footy.

Panthagrey

Juniors
mightypanther said:
Brilliant idea. Go tell the club.

They keep saying they want ideas from the fans........and that is a good one.

Would be a great way to get the community involved in the footy.

I cant im on holiday again........:(

SP

Bench
novacastrian_panther said:
I saw this on youtube, very strange stuff.

i was curious and also had a look on youtube

i can pull a better song out of my acehole:lol:

griffo346

First Grade
I agree with smitty get rid of the song and we get a solid win at home

maybe the boys where embarrased coming out after that song :lol:

Latest posts