What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Season Wonders

rabbitohs95

Bench
Just having a thought whilst reading over the article on Andrew Everingham signing for Japanese Rugby, that he was a one season wonder last year scoring 17 tries in his debut season, but this season had suffered from the 'second year syndrome' and barely made the team this year.

What players have had incredible debut seasons for your club but have never returned to their form the year after? Tim Smith for Parra in 2005 is one that comes to mind.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Tim smith had a pretty good season in 2007 as well but from then on failed to live up to expectations

Brad Godden from the knights

RedVDave

First Grade
Richie Williams, although he is probably more of a one game wonder more than anything.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I was going to say Mitch Piss but he's never had a good season.

Jamal Idris of current players.

The big one for me was Paul Hauff, the 7ft giraffe from the broncos who killed it for them one season back in the nineties.

I was going to say Mitch Piss but he's never had a good season.

Jamal Idris of current players.

The big one for me was Paul Hauff, the 7ft giraffe from the broncos who killed it for them one season back in the nineties.

He's had more good seasons than you have.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I was going to mention this guy, my second favourite non Canberra player of all time.

[youtube]9LW3vBK61B8&desktop_uri[/youtube]

But he was more than just a one season wonder. Great stuff Ewan McGrady.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Leon Bott & Denan Kemp both had one good year on the wing for the Broncos. Brett Firman killed it for Saints in 2003 and never really kicked on.

Red Bear

Referee
Firman and Head never really came close to their debut seasons (Head started pretty well in 05 I think though), in both cases injury a big factor which was a shame, Mat Head could've been a top player I think (is reportedly on the way to being a good coach as well).

Latest posts