What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Season Wonders

LESStar58

Referee
Just having a thought whilst reading over the article on Andrew Everingham signing for Japanese Rugby, that he was a one season wonder last year scoring 17 tries in his debut season, but this season had suffered from the 'second year syndrome' and barely made the team this year.

What players have had incredible debut seasons for your club but have never returned to their form the year after? Tim Smith for Parra in 2005 is one that comes to mind.

Hayne had half a good season in 2009 and has done sweet f**k all since.

kdalymc

Bench
Leon Bott wins.
/thread

also this sites f**ked why does it log you out after 5 minutes...

Stagger Lee

Bench
Following from above coach wise Hagen - took the Woks Newcastle the final step first year then backwards from then on.

Back onto players I have to agree with those saying Denan Kemp. I thought he was the next big thing at Brisbane and was excited when he signed for the Dragons the other year after a couple of years in the wilderness. Never got to see him.

carcharias

Immortal
I was going to mention this guy, my second favourite non Canberra player of all time.

[youtube]9LW3vBK61B8&desktop_uri[/youtube]

But he was more than just a one season wonder. Great stuff Ewan McGrady.

mate I think he still plays in some games.

POPEYE

Coach
Most players that have a poor second year are coached poorly or have personal issues. Can't call a bloke a great coach if he doesn't know how to compensate for eventualities

Latest posts