What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One way of looking at Hindys injury.....

forward pass

Coach
Everyone is asking if the Eels can win the comp without Hindy.

Remember this point.....

Every single side which has ever won the comp has done so without Nathan Hindmarsh !!!

There you go...it can be done!!! Not sure why we are being written off.

The_Coach

Juniors
True, but pointless.

I'm hoping Hindy's injury can spark the boys up. If the team spirit is as high as others have talked about all year it should produce a "lets do it for Nathan" mentality.

parra pete

Referee
Steven Price missed last year's premiership. The Eels have more depth this year than the Dogs had in 2004. Let's cross the bridge when it comes. The first task is to beat Manly on Sunday

Seinfeeld

Juniors
I agree with the point you are making FP.

Everyone is writing us off. As great as Hindy is, it would be much worse to lose a halfback or five-eighth at this stage of the year. Forwards can be covered more easily.

eelz47

Coach
also what would of happened if his calf injury the other week had sidelined him a little bit more????

PJ Marshal

Coach
forward pass said:
Everyone is asking if the Eels can win the comp without Hindy.

Remember this point.....

Every single side which has ever won the comp has done so without Nathan Hindmarsh !!!

There you go...it can be done!!! Not sure why we are being written off.

dood this is probably the stupidest thing ive read today

fish eel

Immortal
well, if the feeling is the same in the club as it is in some parts of this board, then we're gonna go out the back door in the finals.

FFS, its only three games we need to win without him, and if we dont have the depth or the backbone to step up in his absence, then we jkust wont be good enough!!

forward pass

Coach
PJ Marshal said:
dood this is probably the stupidest thing ive read today

Dood - I am just sick of everyone thinking he is our only player and we can't win without him. Watching the replay of the game Rabbits made the comment "that this could be the end of Parras season".

He is a champion but those comments are really belittling to the rest of the side.

Thats all I was trying to say!

Miss_Eels

Juniors
I get offended when people say "Parra are gone without Hindy". It's like, what are the other 16 men in the team for? To stand around and look pretty while Hindy does all the work? It's been proven that the boys play as a team and Brian Smith has said that he shapes the team so that no player relies on another. I think that's probably the smartest thing any coach in League can do. I think we need to beat Manly comfortably this Sunday to prove that eventhough Hindy is a BIG asset, he is not Andrew Johns.

forward pass

Coach
parraitdoesmatta said:
only today, ill go as far as saying this year!!! bIG BAD SHARK EAT UR HEART OUT

oh please ....nooooooooooooooooo!

That is the biggest insult I have ever had - and I've had a few!

PJ Marshal

Coach
sure there are 16 other blokes

but hindy is the heart and soul and we are a different team without him, in terms of ability f**k ive got no doubt we can match it without hindy

but psychologically, i have my doubts

and without hindy im sure our win rate isnt very high, hurri would know

Stagger eel

Staff member
PJ Marshal said:
but psychologically, i have my doubts

don't you think that was answered second half Friday night? 14-6 down and 1 down on the bench, they were friggen amazing.