What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One year in - the Board

jc155776

Coach
So we are now at about 1 year in since the new board of fantastic businessman with vision took over.

Can we make a list of all their achievements since coming in?

My favourite is reinstating a coach that is subsequently stood down again and the awesome major sponsor they signed.

I think they deserve the remuneration they are seeking at the next meeting.

What say you?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'm so over it I can't string together any meaningful input right now.

How about a rating based on promises versus results

2/10

carcharias

Immortal
Bit hard to judge with all other crap that has happened
None if which happened on their watch.

gavin_miller

Juniors
they are a joke. plenty happened with the old board but at least they had the best intentions...this mob, want money for doing what exactly? wow. anyone friends with Buzz...

Special K

Coach
I'm so over it I can't string together any meaningful input right now.

How about a rating based on promises versus results

2/10

Agreed.

Worse part is we will have to go through the process again when we get a new board.

Weaponhead

Coach
The packaging looked slick but something didn't feel right with the fudging of memberships and the populist bring back Flanno stuff.

They haven't delivered much despite the cheer leading from the Telecrap. The lack of result in terms of sponsorship is a key failure.

The Popper

Bench
20 March, Newman. I can't go so I was hoping you would be there to give us all a rundown of what went on.
Gow was far and away the best President we have ever had, IMO. Before he was finally elected, he used to speak from the floor of the AGM despite apparent attempts at ridicule and derision from encumbent's supporters. Unfortunately, those who believe they have a Divine right to rule seemingly couldn't get rid of him quickly enough. It's pretty much been all downhill since then. Even the Development...it was the far sighted Board of the early days...Stokes, Clarkson, English, Burns, Winn, Poulter, etc. who had the foresight in that regard to obtain the land where we now are, if memory serves me rightly. Stokes was ousted in a JL coup headed by Jack Stewart, and the DLS crew has pretty much held positions of prominence and influence ever since - except during the Gow years who, I believe, was by far the dominant personality in those days..

Last edited:

Madsharkie

First Grade
Then why does the pizza man hold a mortgage?

Good question.
Why don't they put the fuggin pizza shop on the front of the jersey? At least until they fill it with a paying sponsor. Anything has to look better than a blank jersey

Latest posts