What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ongoing NFL Fantasy Football Thread

abpanther

Staff member
There's 3 inactive teams in Dirty Dozen and 2 in Shiva Bowl, can see in the home page of each league. Just put the mouse over the owners name

Yeah I'm aware of that, however all 3 are long time owners and I'll give each the opportunity to play again next season. I'll start chasing them up in May

abpanther

Staff member
first season ive finished below .500 across all leagues
i was .700+ at the half way point, all my teams collapsed

thank god its over! :lol:

I finished over .500, but like you I stuggled a little down the straight

Ended up winning 1 title today in a big salary cap MFL league (first one I've won in that format so pretty stoked), and still in it for the Young Ones title.

abpanther

Staff member
Hey out of curiosity, particularly now that the season is over, what fantasy material have you guys used/tried this year and how did you find it?

For me, I signed up to for the Rotoworld draft guide and I found it pretty useful for the offseason drafts. You can customise the scoring formats and it updates it’s projections accordingly, just a good tool for rankings and updated information, I found the draft articles also pretty useful. I was disappointed with it during the season however.

I’ve generally just tried different sites (e.g. CBS, ESPN, fftoolbox, fantasy knucklheads, IDP guru, etc) for info and rankings, however this was my first year of trying out some podcasts. I’ve been listening to the ESPN ones for a few weeks now, they’re pretty entertaining. Matthew Berry is pretty funny and they do have some pretty good updates and strategy talk.

What have you guys tried?

Raider_69

Post Whore
i took on the fleaflicker edge thingy at the start of the year for $15, opened it once and never touched it again, rubbish

i have a look at projections across a number of sites and use them to either confirm my gut or make think a little more on something.

one tree hill

Juniors
I don't do mock drafts or listen to other peoples opinions, just go with the fat gut.

Look at the ESPN ranking lists and that's about it.

I use yahoo for pickups of the week and to read the Sunday Scene just to see who did well. I used to use them for rankings and such back in the day, but they are seriously bad at it. Especially Brad Evans who is the worst fantasy expert I've ever seen. I would go as far as to say read his articles and do the opposite of what he says.

Had 4 teams this year.

Dud in 10 things.
I need to do more work to get better in that. 4-9

My work league I went 6-7 missed the playoffs.

Another league I went 7-7 after starting 6-1.
My whole team was built on Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy Graham. Missed playoffs.

Auction League 8-5 and just won the championship again.
Got this auction thing dialled.
Had awesome receivers and Marshawn Lynch.
Rodgers also good at the begining

I read the nfl.com fantasy rankings that's about it

zombie jesus

Staff member
For those guys who play NRL fantasy, the SMH website has launched a live draft/keeper capable set up. Might set one up for us once I have a look at it properly if enough people are interested. Dynasty NRL, about f**king time!

one tree hill

Juniors
images

zombie jesus

Staff member
That's an odd looking penis you've drawn in that self portrait, oth. Each to their own, que sera and all that.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
For those guys who play NRL fantasy, the SMH website has launched a live draft/keeper capable set up. Might set one up for us once I have a look at it properly if enough people are interested. Dynasty NRL, about f**king time!

so basically what we have in the young ones league? I'd be keen.

Latest posts