What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Online Features

Monkey

Juniors
Being a massive pes4 fan, I was dissappointed with the online system. So I've made this thread in thwe hope we can let sidhe know what we want from the online system

1) A rankings system - one like toca 2 is best where u start at 1500 and lose points when you lose and gain points when you win. amount of points gained or lost depends on level of opposition played.

2) A way of seeing where someone is from - nationality

3) maybe some kind of ping , to stop lag.

4) Live updates, to update teams officially from sidhe

5) penalty points for quitters

any more for anymore?

Goleel

Juniors
I'd love online leagues to be developed, particularly through xbox live, but I doubt that would get a run on such a small project, and I'll just be happy for one on one play and a ranking or leaderboard or something.

strong_latte

Juniors
How about an online mode where you can play in a real time comp? You know, you could have the NRL season and you get 15 people togeather to each enter as alll the teams and play through a whole season like that online?
I don't know, it'd probably be near impossible to implement, but it would be cool.

Dragon

Coach
Id like an option for 2 vs 2, meaning you and a mate could team up against another two players online, and control the one team. Why not 4 v 4 even :)

ghoti

Bench
I'd like to have like a massive online challenge mode where you enter a created team of your own doing. So, say you get a limited amount of points for each player to be created, you put your team together and begin to play off against other player's teams over a period of time. Win's, tries scored, etc gives you points that you can add to your players. Eventually, as you gain more and more wins, you'll have a very strong side which you can face off against another top side, etc, etc until you make it into the finals.

While I'd like a rankings system, I'd like to see good use of this, so that you can challenge the top players in order to increase your own ranking. Wins against new players don't increase your ranking as much as a win against a top 10 player. Beating the champ increases your ranking by a massive amount. Also the extent of your wins should have an impact on rankings. Flogging someone will increase ranking, while being flogged decreases ranking...close wins over poor opposition has little effect, etc.

After a while, you could have the top 27 (NRL & ESL clubs) players pick a club side (preference in order of ranking) and have a publicised competition between them. Instead of having a time limit, or a specific time decidde for each game, as long as two blokes are online at the same time, a message should come up saying that a League game is available, challenge that guy, the computer logs a win or loss until a champion is crowned. As a reward, the champion gets some kind of publicity on the main page and gets an award next to his name stating he has won an elite league.

Stats for each online player should be kept as well. Stats such as: most tackles made in one game, amount of line breaks, type of penalty given away most, tries scored, tries conceded, matches won/lost/drawn....and a stats page with names of the most in each category.

Awards such as Worst Player In The World, Best Player World-Wide, Dirtiest Player, Line Break King, Gridiron Award (most forward passes), Butterfingers, etc would add an extra dimension to the whole online experience.

I'd also like to see all contracted NRL players registered so that when they come online to play, you know that you're playing against Andrew Johns or Matt Hilder or whatever...it would be awesome fun playing against real-life rugby league idols.

Another thing I'd like to see within the online profiles is to have thigns you can list such as the junior club you play for in real life, your entered created team, location, etc...I reckon it'd be great to play against the guys I play in real life out in the real world.

That will just about do me for now, my arms are killing me. What do you guys think of these suggestions?

[furrycat]

Coach
You cannot stop lag unless you both have amazing connections with no ports blocking it, but there will always be some lag.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Yes 2 v 2 or 4 vs the computer!!! that would be mad

This can be done on xbox live NHL Rhivals did it so pleae Mario, try this...

Then 4 people could play round robin comps or all play on the sam team in a state of origin series, or tir nations what ever!!

Plus updates over xbox live is so easy even easyer than PC as they can be forced on the users next login meaning everybody has the same fix's.

PLEASE TRY THIS SIDHE

Nuke

Staff member
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
I don't mind if they 'try' concepts in this game - just as long as they make patches to fix them incase they screw up
I'll agree with that.

Matta

Juniors
I don't know much about playing sport games online but if and how would online chat work? Would be useful in companion games.

Monkey

Juniors
Matta said:
I don't know much about playing sport games online but if and how would online chat work? Would be useful in companion games.

on xbox live you have a headset where you can chat through while your playin the game

Goleel

Juniors
Actually one of the best things about online would be downloadable content, particularly for the Xbox, being able to have updated squads to the weekends games, or at the least, have the squads updated every month or two, or when Origin starts, update those squads. It'd be awesome though if players ratings and team squads were updated online all the time, to keep the game up to date, at least for one NRL season.

Monkey

Juniors
Goleel said:
Actually one of the best things about online would be downloadable content, particularly for the Xbox, being able to have updated squads to the weekends games, or at the least, have the squads updated every month or two, or when Origin starts, update those squads. It'd be awesome though if players ratings and team squads were updated online all the time, to keep the game up to date, at least for one SUPER LEAGUE season.

[-o< well said goleel ;-)

Latest posts