What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only a minor injury to Benny

Kornstar

Coach
Burt may be back, so he goes to Fullback, Jarryd to the wing and Inu at centre.....if no Burt, Reddy to the wing and Inu to centre, we should be covered there

bartman

Immortal
Interesting observation that Wags was defending there before Ben went off.

I'd say if Ben isn't 100% for next week Wags will end up in the centres, and two props on the bench against whoever we face.

Whether Burt is back or not... that's touch and go I guess.

As for a sore thumb for PJ, hopefully he can pull through and that won't affect his game. His absence next week would be the one that is harder to cover in my book.

Gronk

Staff member
Can Inu handle the step up in defence in the centres ? Maybe Joel is the answer. His D is just as strong as Benny's

Stagger eel

Staff member
I would lean towards Feleti playing there with Weller coming in.

SMH reported that it could be ligerment damage, if so he's goneskis for the rest of the campaign.

big boppa eel

Juniors
fish eel said:
fit or not, does he hold his spot? he was poor
Agree, if Luke comes back I think Benny will have to give way, ashame because he is an intimidating guy on the field but not really doing much at the moment.

big boppa eel

Juniors
strider said:
i don't think Ben was poor tonight .... he wasn't great but if he had been poor we would have had plenty of trys put on us .... the warriors went at ben and eric as much as they could tonight and NEVER cracked them

and the GUTS ben showed to get up and get into the defensive line and just fill a space after stuffing up his knee is what winning this game was all about

and no he didn't "bomb a try" - i agree he took a wrong option by putting in a stupid kick but there was nothing much doing there really - something other than a piss poor kick would have been better .... but also if u go back a player earlier hindy came up with a piss poor option too by not passing to Inu who would have been 1-on-1 with his winger with plenty of space .... sh*t happens i guess
He did bomb that try watch the replay.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yeah, I thought Ben's option to kick was a poor one, I think we would of increased the odds to score had he given the pass to Guru but i wouldn't of been convinced that Eric would of scored it.

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:

SMH reported that it could be ligerment damage, if so he's goneskis for the rest of the campaign.

I'd forgotten about Reddy...that gives a bit more flexibility.

I'd be concerned though about having either Reddy come into the centres or moving feleti there and having them defend inside wags. Reddy can tackle.....but how much first grade centre has he played? Big ask.

strider

Post Whore
big boppa eel said:
He did bomb that try watch the replay.
u watch the replay ... there was space but it was still 2 on 2 and other NZ defenders coming across .... it was not a bombed try - it was a bombed opportunity .... i agree the kick was probably not the best option and it was badly done - i yelled abuse at him at the time - but in reality i don't think anything would have come of it regardless cos there was plenty of nz defence there/coming

strider

Post Whore
ben was out injured earlier in the year ... Inu played in the centres - i'd be inclined to do that again .... burt himself said he'd only be back for the GF, so i can't see him being ready 2 weeks earlier

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
I'd forgotten about Reddy...that gives a bit more flexibility.

I'd be concerned though about having either Reddy come into the centres or moving feleti there and having them defend inside wags. Reddy can tackle.....but how much first grade centre has he played? Big ask.

other than Wags, I think in terms of experiance reddy would be best choice available.

I still think Feleti can make a real fist of the "Crows" jumper.

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
other than Wags, I think in terms of experiance reddy would be best choice available.

I still think Feleti can make a real fist of the "Crows" jumper.

Much better off the bench when the games opened up.

BTW Benny didn't look well at all, I can't see him playing next week.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Defensively, Benny would be the biggest loss for us. He makes so many important one on one tackles. Get better soon Benny!

AlexTheEel

Juniors
eelavation said:

I would be very hesitant in putting our best (and only) ball playing forward in the centres. We have Inu who is a nautural centre. I just dont think we'd have the same spark with Feleti out that wide.

strider

Post Whore
plus i think feleti and eric defending out there would be a bit iffy (not that ben and eric haven't been iffy) .... but when feleti went out there last night, the one opportunity the warriors had to attack feleti/eric and mackinnon ran around feleti like he wasn't there and made a great run upfield