What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only a minor injury to Benny

jayman

Juniors
just on timmy

was i the only one who thought timmy was acting up to the ref?... he dropped the ball.. but by feigning an injury we were able to get the ball back and continue the set..

much like the first tackle of the match..

I was watching timmy in backplay.. and as soon as the ball had moved from the area he was barking instructions and had stopped rubbing his arm.. plus the trainer didnt look to concernced..

not that I care.. just pointing it out..

strider

Post Whore
timmy only dropped it cos he was busy trying to make sure his shoulder was back in ..... and yeah - same happened with the warriors guy on the first tackle ...... i've got no problem if a ref allows a guy to stop and release the ball after the tackle if he's injured

Stagger eel

Staff member
AlexTheEel said:
I would be very hesitant in putting our best (and only) ball playing forward in the centres. We have Inu who is a nautural centre. I just dont think we'd have the same spark with Feleti out that wide.

fairpoint..I would also be happy with Wags going out there, but the way Hage's is thinking it appears that Reddy will be natural choice.

strider

Post Whore
yy_cheng said:
If inu played centre, would you have him next to grothe or tahu next to grothe?
when ben was out earlier in the year, tahu came back and played on the same side as grothe and they did very well defensively

Utey

Coach
You couldn't bring Burt back surely?

I was all for him to come back in the latter rounds of the season, but if we can avoid it, I'd be inclined to give him the rest of the year off.

Hellsy

Immortal
Burty wont be back I dont reckon.
If Ben is out and we have to pull Joel up then Prems are f**ked, Taulima will be suspended after a spear tackle tonight

bartman

Immortal
cayless1989 said:
Wagon to the centers, cannings onto the bench!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, If Ben's out that's the way to go for mine. Keeps the balance of the side as close to where it is now, solves the too many second rowers issue and leaves the impact players to make their impact.

Leave Inu and Hayne where they are until Burt is ready to come back. Worried if we lose PJ who would step into his role at this point in the season... hopefully he'll be thumb strapped and ready!

Hellsy

Immortal
Hellsy said:
Burty wont be back I dont reckon.
If Ben is out and we have to pull Joel up then Prems are f**ked, Taulima will be suspended after a spear tackle tonight

Parramatta centre Ben Smith remains some chance of playing next week despite suffering ligament damage to his knee during the Eels tough NRL qualifying final win over the New Zealand Warriors.
Smith limped from the field after courageously combining with Nathan Cayless and Brett Finch to prevent a Logan Swann try in the 56th minute on Friday night, that tackle proving the turning point as Parramatta edged out the Warriors 12-10 at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland.
Under-rated centre Smith says he is optimistic he could play next week, when the Eels are likely to host a semi-final, especially after overcoming a similar injury just three weeks ago and not missing a game.
"It's a bit sore, I don't know (how severe) it is at this stage," said Smith.
"It may be cartilage damage so we'll get some scans and see how it goes.
"I'd love to get back next week."
If Smith is ruled out, winger Joel Reddy is the likely replacement, with Krisnan shifting into the centres.
Injured fullback Luke Burt said he was "no chance" of being fit for next week.
The narrow victory on Friday night means Parramatta will host a semi-final next week, unless there are two upsets over the remainder of the weekend, and puts the Eels firmly back into premiership contention.
Their superb defence, at one stage repelling 23 consecutive tackles on their own line, proving Parramatta possess the mental strength to challenge for the title.
Test forward Nathan Hindmarsh says the Eels have a perfect blend of experience and youth this year, but was reluctant to compare the class of 2007 to previous sides he'd played in that reached a grand final (2001) or won the minor premiership (2005).
"I can't really say too much about other sides compared to this one," he said.
"But there's a good feel. We've got young guys just oozing confidence and we've got the old guys like myself and Cayless and (Daniel) Wagon that really know how to keep blokes levelled and it's a good mixture."
However, Hindmarsh has warned his teammates they'll need to produce a better attacking performance to threaten for the title.
Just a week after scoring 13 tries against Brisbane, the Eels only crossed twice from kicks against the Warriors while Timana Tahu fumbled the ball over the line.
"Our attack probably needs a bit more improvement still but our defence was awesome," he said.
"We've always known we can defend well but it's just a matter of doing it on the night."
http://news.leaguehq.com.au/eels-centre-smith-wont-rule-himself-out/20071908-xy7.html
Me psychic

Utey

Coach
There's no one really else unless you'd wanna play Wags in the centres. I'd be happy for Reddy to come up.

Latest posts