What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only T20I: Australia v Sri Lanka at Perth Sun Oct 31 2010

TheParraboy

Staff member
Congratulations to SL

Bowled and batted better than us, plus their fielding has improved out of sight over recent years

Hopefully the 3 game ODI series will be closer

undertaker

Coach
very convincing win the SL, hopefully we can turn it around for the ODIs, or it could be a looong summer

Watching that game, I had that exact same feeling as you. Even though this was only a 20/20 match, I hope that this doesn't set the precedent and tone for what is to come in the next few months.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Great work from Clarke...

1. Gets Warner frustrated by wasting balls
2. Opens when he can't bat in T20's
3. Dumps a proven T20 opener in Watson
4. Then gets 16 from 19!

Heck Hastings did better!

aussies1st

Staff member
Yep now he is affecting the team, you shouldn't move the most destructive pair in T20 cricket because you aren't good enough to bat in the other positions.

beads6

First Grade
Great work from Clarke...

1. Gets Warner frustrated by wasting balls
2. Opens when he can't bat in T20's
3. Dumps a proven T20 opener in Watson
4. Then gets 16 from 19!

Heck Hastings did better!

you have NFI, Warner has a worse strike rate than Clarke. None of our batters came off end of story. Lankans bowled superbly:crazy:

HevyDevy

Coach
you have NFI, Warner has a worse strike rate than Clarke. None of our batters came off end of story. Lankans bowled superbly:crazy:

Clarke is not a T20 player, end of story.

However, as has been noted, it was only a T20 game so nobody cares. Plus we fielded a crap side.

On a positive note, Haddin and Smith were good.

aqua_duck

Coach
All the Victorians contributed nothing as per usual. They always seem to do nothing outside the kfc big beat off

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Thissara Perera will be a good pick up for one of the State sides for the Big Bash. Effective seam bowler and a big hitter and only 21 years of age.

Matt23

Staff member
Now that Fat Merv has been removed, hopefully there will be less Victorian's in the side for all form's of the game

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yep now he is affecting the team, you shouldn't move the most destructive pair in T20 cricket because you aren't good enough to bat in the other positions.

Dead agreed. You don't change something that is working. There were 3 better openers than useless Clarke in that side. He is very ordinary. I hope we lose more T20's as it will likely see him sacked!:lol:

TheParraboy

Staff member

yeah its kinda like moving marcus north to opener in test cricket

if it aint broke, why try to break it?

Pains me to say it but Clarke should be dumped from the t20 squad. He is far better value for us in ODI and test matches

aqua_duck

Coach
Its Clarke's own fault he's so useless at T20, guys like Watson have honed their skills in the IPL when at the same time Clarke was honing his skills with Lara

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah I'd agree with that re-Clarkey. He's not terrible but he often looks lost because he just doesn't have as much T20 under his belt as he could. In all fairness to him, he looked very good but kept hitting the f**king field yesterday, then got impatient. He needs to get himself an IPL deal.

I appreciate that we were apparently using the game as an experiment, but really that side was pathetic. Siddle and Hastings just aren't up to it, the batting didn't have a lot of starch with a pretty weak middle and we didn't even look like we had a batting plan. Piss poor coaching, even if it was an experiment.

African Monkey

First Grade
No Clarke is a rubbish T20 player. After he hits a boundary he seems to dot the next 4-5 balls up just like last night.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Exactly. As a bare minimum you should get 40 in the first 5 overs, if you are uncapable of that GTFO of the opening position!