What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

open letter to club

blacksafake

First Grade
Of the very experienced coaches, Sheens is the last man standing. However, am I right in thinking he has Australian side commitments at the end of the year and as such would not take up a position until that were completed. I don't think the Dragons could wait that long with all the rebuilding that needs to be done...
You are right,he does,however the way that our board/Doust work we will still be "interviewing" potential coaches in the off season.Speaking of can anyone tell me who the club has actually interviewed besides Mary?

dragondad

First Grade
We all worry about negative rumours in case they are actually true. If Morris and/or Merrin are allowed to leave, there really will be a riot from the fans.

gorilla

First Grade
Results should be the key measure we judge the Board, Doust and Mary on. For example:

Management
On two occasions in recent times our Club (Doust) has chased a head coach and come up empty.

The Club's (Doust) extension of Price's contract was dum considering his poor performance in 2012.

The current financial stress of our Club (Doust) is hindering progress.

Poor choices in player recruitment (Doust) have resulted in a waste of salary cap and unnecessary limitation placed on our player's on-field performance.

Doust has failed in key areas of management and should go.

Coach
As far as the coaching job goes, Price should have resigned when it was clear that he was not up to the job. Mary is doing his best as an interim solution however, he is not the answer to the Club's coaching requirements. It is the Board?s responsibility to select a suitable coach and the Board has failed in this area.

I feel confident that our next coach will be Sheens. He is an ideal solution for the purpose of re-building our team and bring structure to our attack and defense. Hopefully he can also improve player dicsipline, player confidence and player combinations.

It is critical for the Board to select a good coach for 2015 and beyond.

Players
On-field leadership is a real problem with our team. Mary should pull both Creagh and Widdop aside and provide them with advice/instructions on their role during a game and the importance of both players in ensuring the game plan is followed.

The experiment of Dugan at right centre has failed and it is time for Dugan to return to the fullback position.

Runciman should be promoted to either left or right centre for the remainder of the season. Let Cooper, Gaz and Mary instruct/train this young Dragon.

Hunt, Harrison and Ah Mau should be dropped to the Cutters and replaced with Frizell, Mathews and O'Brien. Our season is over as far as the finals are concerned and so we should use the remaining games sorting out the Dragons fiirst grade squad for 2015. We also need to be looking hard at recruiting players to fill the prop and hooker position.

On-field leadership and the right balance of players would contribute positively to the Dragons on-field performance.

For The Remainder Of 2014
Strengthening the right side by switching Beale to right centre and having Frizell/ Mathews working hard in defense on the right edge, would allow Benji to be less exposed in defense and fresh to weave his magic in attack. Nightingale would benefit greatly in having Beale defending inside and feeding him with accurate ball in attack. Beale, Frizell/Mathews bring balance and a stronger defensive ability to our problematic right side defense without losing strike power in attack.

Having Thompson, Widdop, Runciman and Morris on the left side for the remainder of the season and into off season training would give us a balance of a good combination of defense and attack on both sides of the field.

Hopefully our new coach will solve our front row prolems by strengthening our front-row through skills training and recruitment of new blood.

The Dragons need to use the remaining games in 2014 to prepare a more balanced team for season 2015.

You big blue bastard.

I agree totally with yr management section - demonstratebly deficient.

I agree with some of yr coach section, but not Sheens (I don't want to argue/discuss, but there's something about Sheens I'm not comfortable about.)

I agree with some of the players comments:
  • I don't know if Mary can tell Creagh and Widdop what to do, because I don't think Mary's got all we want, but he'll try and he's Ok and seems to be trying;
  • Hunt, Harrison and Ah Mau all need to go and the guys you've proposed are the better;
  • I like Dugan at centre and FB, I like the idea of trialling Beale at FB, and I think Runciman is a much better centre than Green (get him ready for 2nd row, maybe a running lock.

The rest is relative to our views, but yes let's look to 2015.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
I look at it this way.
This ongoing thing, year in and year out is starting to wear a bit thin with me.
I have a life to live that far exceeds the monopoly of my time with the Dragons
There's no ultimatums - JUST - To the management - Get you SH*T together.
There's so many thing in this world I could spent my money on than this SH*T
Last year I was in Monaco for the GP
I'm now thinking the Caribbean for some (our winter - their summer fun)
You guys won't change - The departure of Bennett and the return to the old way saw to that.
It's a disgrace what you bastards have done to the club -
In simple terms so you simpletons in management can understand - F*#K OFF

gorilla

First Grade
I look at it this way.
This ongoing thing, year in and year out is starting to wear a bit thin with me.
I have a life to live that far exceeds the monopoly of my time with the Dragons
There's no ultimatums - JUST - To the management - Get you SH*T together.
There's so many thing in this world I could spent my money on than this SH*T
Last year I was in Monaco for the GP
I'm now thinking the Caribbean for some (our winter - their summer fun)
You guys won't change - The departure of Bennett and the return to the old way saw to that.
It's a disgrace what you bastards have done to the club -
In simple terms so you simpletons in management can understand - F*#K OFF

I'm usually substance-affected by this stage.

Latest posts