What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on Manly making the eight.

Will Manly make the eight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Allo

Juniors
Saw this and wondered what NRL supporters opinions were.
This bloke is pretty adamant that they will make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36LHdOj4B9U

I don't think they will, but if they do, it will be well deserved.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Would like to see where the majority of NRL supporters sit before Monday nights game.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Don't know about that. Brisbane, Roosters, Storm and even the Sharks would be in contention for that title now.

I can't see it happening. The run in is too tough. They lost 1 too many games in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong though.

GongPanther

Referee
Penrith & Manly are the only two teams that have any realistic hope of making the finals from outside of the current top eight.

The Panthers defensive record is the 6th best in the league and barring injuries,and players eventual returning,we should make the top eight.

Same with Manly.They need a few players to come back,and their composure will return and as I said with Penrith,as long as Manly's dire luck with injuries improves.

And having both of these teams in making the eight is one thing.To what chances they will have against much heavily seasoned opposition will be another.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Really Penrith and Manly?

I'm not saying the raiders. But both teams have a very difficult run home. Panthers have some injury concerns and Manly need to win quite a few back to back games. Both also have average points differential. Also DWZ is apparently out for a few weeks.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I'm expecting the dragons to drop out. The run home for them is crazy tough. Could argue the rabbits as well. There run home is strong as well and if they continue with the inconsistent play, they could fall out.

--Storm--

Juniors
Cowboys (H)
Warriors (A)
Broncos (H)
Rabbits (H)
Raiders (A)
Eels (H)
Roosters (H)
Sharks (A)

Pretty good run home really, got all the big teams at home; much better run home then the Dragons.

Ibleedblue

Juniors
Haven't been consistently good enough this year and they are playing some teams that have been the strongest or are competing for a spot. Any team would've flogged the Titans on Monday night.

Rhyno

First Grade
Penrith & Manly are the only two teams that have any realistic hope of making the finals from outside of the current top eight.

The Panthers defensive record is the 6th best in the league and barring injuries,and players eventual returning,we should make the top eight.

Same with Manly.They need a few players to come back,and their composure will return and as I said with Penrith,as long as Manly's dire luck with injuries improves.

And having both of these teams in making the eight is one thing.To what chances they will have against much heavily seasoned opposition will be another.

Penrith have no chance of making the 8.

The Eels will make the 8

blaza88z

Coach
Don't know about that. Brisbane, Roosters, Storm and even the Sharks would be in contention for that title now.

I can't see it happening. The run in is too tough. They lost 1 too many games in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong though.

Why would anyone hate the Sharks? they've never even won a premiership..

Swarzey

Bench
RLW TV has probably the most cringe-worthy videos on rugby league you could imagine. Most of their opinions end up being complete shit...then again that's been the case with pretty much ALL the content they produce for some time.

Anyways, the story of their season has been a media shit storm distracting them. I expect something to happen in the next few weeks that derails their attempt; probably the club announcing Toovey is being moved on even though you would expect the club and players already know that. Just one of those seasons.

POPEYE

Coach
Whatever happens, Melbourne will go out in sympathy . . . you'd think they were blood brothers

ek999

First Grade
How many games can they realistically drop and still make it? 3?

2. Cut-off is generally seen as 28 points so 12 wins. They have won 6 and there is 8 rounds to play

With the run home that they have they won't get anywhere near it IMO. I can't see them winning one of their next 3

But if they did manage to make it it will be on the back of some incredible momentum and confidence and I think you would see them make the grand final like Parra in 09

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
Cowboys (H)
Warriors (A)
Broncos (H)
Rabbits (H)
Raiders (A)
Eels (H)
Roosters (H)
Sharks (A)

Pretty good run home really, got all the big teams at home; much better run home then the Dragons.
I think you're being a bit generous there.
Warriors will beat them at Mt Smart, and I don't see them beating both Cows and Broncos (I suspect one of those teams will overcome Manly at home).

And Sharks have a knack for ruining teams' finals chances, that last game might be a loss as well.
There's only a couple of likely wins there.

Dutchy

Immortal
We won't make the 8, but won't get close to the spoon.

Broncos Is a hone game, but at f**king Gosford.

Latest posts