What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on Manly making the eight.

Will Manly make the eight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Penrith have no chance of making the 8.

The Eels will make the 8

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaat. The Eels aren't making the eight. I'd bet my left nut on it and that's my favourite one.

They'll miss out by 1-2 games and they'll have someone to thank for creating a circus over the first 10-12 weeks.

harboo

Juniors
The most hated side in the league? Who gives a flying f**k??

The second most hated team in the comp behind the RORTERS I have hated both these teams since the seventies I know that is a bloody long time but that is the way I am

Card Shark

Immortal
2. Cut-off is generally seen as 28 points so 12 wins. They have won 6 and there is 8 rounds to play

With the run home that they have they won't get anywhere near it IMO. I can't see them winning one of their next 3

Maybe need to win 7/8 as their or / against is -50, which could cost them 8th. If they do win 6/8, it will no doubt improve a fair bit of course.

I think they will end up about 10th.

TheFrog

Coach
I think the Cows will stop them this week and that'll mean they have only one more loss up their sleeves. Balance of probabilities- it aint gonna happen.

TheFrog

Coach
Penrith have no chance of making the 8.

The Eels will make the 8

Both won't make it, in my humble opinion. Parra had every chance last year but folded like a pack of cards. Panthers are just too crocked to make a run.

Keffola

Juniors
There's a few tough teams on the run home but its not impossible, at least they're playing them at home.

Cowboys is the real test, beating the sharks and titans doesn't mean much to be honest.

cleary89

Coach
They need to win 6 from 8 with a vastly improved f/a. Or 7 from 8 with an ordinary f/a.

I don't think they can.

Dragons run home while tougher, we still are 2 games and +70 f/a ahead. 4 from 8 probably does it for saints.

Patorick

Staff member
More chance of Bronwyn Bishop being an impartial speaker.

Well, relatively impartial.

Stranga

Juniors
Manly making the finals this year?

AiB2krB.gif

t-ba

Post Whore
Not happening.

I think we will keep some teams honest but too much of a hole has already been dug. Just a bridge too far now.

Happy to see them play decent football for the next 2 months however.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I think you're being a bit generous there.
Warriors will beat them at Mt Smart, and I don't see them beating both Cows and Broncos (I suspect one of those teams will overcome Manly at home).

And Sharks have a knack for ruining teams' finals chances, that last game might be a loss as well.
There's only a couple of likely wins there.

You are absolutely correct. Sometime in the early 90s, the Sharks were coming stone motherless last coming into the final round. Manly needed to win the last game to make the five (as it was back in those days).

The Sharks belted them and it was one of the rare occasions that Manly missed the finals in my 49 years of following the Sea Eagles.

Latest posts