What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on Team to take on the Tiges?

t-ba

Post Whore
Here's mine

1-Brett Stewart-Brilliant job hanging off the rucks waiting for offloads in premier league. his positional play at the back is much better. Walker stands to shallow to make any impact on the breaks. Stewart atleast made Parra work for their breakaway tries. His merits in both attack and defence are too good to ignore
2-Scott Donald-An important part of the team. with Chad starting to rediscover some form, the combination is striking up again. Absolutely lethal down the blindside
3-Alby-He might be a journey man but alby's efforts in both attack and defence have been better than his reputation suggests. Steppa isn't ready for the transition into firsts just yet.
4-Beaver-Good to see beaver hitting those gaps again. his starting to find that gamebreaking form again. I'd love to see him in back row but it is quite apparent that this is the best position for him to be playing for the team.
5-Chris Hicks-Not his usual self against Parra imho. out of sight and out mind for most of the match, but didn't disgrace himself on the field.
6-Andrew Walker-Walker is a sh*t fullback. what was that? walker is S H I T. on the other hand, the combinations he has formed with Watmough, Harris and Haumono in attack are absolutely awesome. With everyone finally seeing Mullane for what he is, a Boy stuck in a mans world, hopefully it's time this long awaited transition occurs.
7-Monas-How good was he until he got concussed? Dessie did a Langmack by keeping him on against his wishes for the rest of the match. regardless of the criticism he has drawn, he showed how vital he is to this team performing week in week out. Lets hope he is ready and raring to go against the tigers for a full 80 minutes.
8-Heckenberg-failed to distinguish or disgrace himself against his old team. certainly our top choice prop at the moment.
9-Chad Randall-Had his moments in an otherwise quiet game from the dummy half. starting to get the spring back in his step.
10-Kylie Leuleui-Somebody said how much Kylie reminds them of Danny Lima. I agree. Kylie is a hard working honest prop. The lack of "BANG!" in his game is will made up for by his tremendous work ethic.
11-Sam Harris-The closest thing we have to a city Guernsey this year. It is especially good to see the partnership he is striking up Walker. the boy can certainly motor and not much is going to stop him when he hits the gaps at close range.
12- Anthony Watmough- Best game since early 2003. Watmough proved that he is a man who needs to be in the starting 13 with that effort.
13-Luke Williamson- Notice how we started leaking points when he came off? Willow is the cornerstone of this outfits defence.

14-Ian Donnellu-Strange decision to drop him.
15-Kane Cleal-Showing glimpses of the quality player that he will no doubt become. His impact off the bench is vital.
16-Solo-It was no coincidence that our form fell away last year when Solo became a starter. his invaluable impact off the bench was proven again this week. He was chosen off his bench performances for the City Vs Country match and has a genuine opportunity to stamp himself as THE impact player of the game.
17-Dunners-Monas might still be feeling the after effects of that heavy blow and Randall is still not up to playing 80 minutes of football at high intensity. Great asset off the bench but I daresay he might not be around any longer.

lodown

Juniors
pretty much agree with you, mullane has to go

i'd like to see Tutt there to, he looks promising

Langers

Juniors
I've been calling for patience and I think that Walker had his best game of the year at fullback so far. Yesterday however was the first time I got to see a bit of Brett Stewart play and I must say he looked a cut above everyone else. I don't think it will happen but i'm open to the idea of bringing Stewart into fullback, Walker to 5/8 and Monas at half. Donnelly and Moorewood also seemed to go good in Premier League, though I only saw the second half so there may have been other players who were better.

chileman

Coach
t-ba, I like the make up of that side....if Monas was all with it yesterday I reckon we would have won it....time for Stewart to take the step up!