What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Option 7D

Bigfella

Coach
I certainly think that Mateo and Benny both suffered for playing apart on the weekend.

I reckon Ben would have given Mateo much more support on the kick chase on Patten. tahu was a long way outside Fleti, and Patten knew it. MAteo missed the tackle but the gap was at least partly contributed to by Tahu (his one on one tackling is strong but his kick chase defense is horrible - especially at Origin level).

And the week before Ben showed what he is capable of in attack getting some good ball from Feleti.

So I think TBone may be on to something there.

Redback71

First Grade
and 18 this week, which I will argue til I'm blue in the face should have been more like 24, 30 or so at halftime if we had been a bit more positive and not taken the shot for goal every time.

I think if we back ourselves we are actually fairly potent. I really, really think kicking three penalty goals was a massively negative ploy, and one not befitting a team with our potential.

especialy the last one in front of the posts, surley we could of scored or at least go a repeat set of 6 from 10 metres out. all the goals did was give the dogs a chance to get there breath back.

yy_cheng

Coach
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
I am not sure of our defensive structure at the moment but I would really like Mateo and Benny to play in each others pocket on the same side. Ben would do most of Mateo's defensive work and Mateo does most of Benny's wide running through holes,busting gaps and offloading especially with Grothe outside them. That would be an awsome combo IMO. Best of both worlds in attack and defence.
i beg to differ. Timmy was better defensively with benny next to him on the rhs.Finch next to hindy on the left hand side. tim was bad defending on the left

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Freak2 said:
No they don't. Smith does occasionally. The other 2 never do!

Maybe not in the last couple of weeks, but they have in the past.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but just looking at the minutes played stats week in week out, PJ would have to be the least used hooker out of all the clubs.

dazeely

First Grade
emjaycee said:
We currently have the 5th best attack (on average) in the comp with 21.50 points per game average. Need to improve our defence though cause we are leaking 21.0 points per game which is 10th best and god help us if top 8 is on for and against and we miss out.

Chad will fix that. Swap him with powder puff Cannings. Chad to fill in up front when Caylo and Fui need short rests. Chad isn't a big metre eater but defensively is awesome. Lets face it Cannings is as weak as piss in defence and his attack isn't as good as it could be. Cannings is a fill in 1st grade player only.......

Freak2

Juniors
Personally I would like to see Hindmarsh back into the ruck playing front row allowing Benny into the back row, but I guess that is not going to happen just yet whilst Hindmarsh is scoring flukey tries!!

Agent Mulder

Bench
<UPtheEELS> said:
I know I know, but we just aren't scoring the points. Drop Tahu? I think he's good value when he gets the space.

You can't drop Tahu, INU will have to wait i wouldn't drop Burt,Smith,Grothe or Hayne either, They are all playing well.

The problem with Parramatta season in and out is that we always start our seasons off very slowly, It will all come together in the end, We have too much talent.

I feel we also have a better side then Manly, We will prove that later on in the year.

Kornstar

Coach
Nickeel said:
Do we actually have a problem scoring points?

27 v Penrith
38 v Canberra
20 v Wests

and 18 this week, which I will argue til I'm blue in the face should have been more like 24, 30 or so at halftime if we had been a bit more positive and not taken the shot for goal every time.

I think if we back ourselves we are actually fairly potent. I really, really think kicking three penalty goals was a massively negative ploy, and one not befitting a team with our potential.

Nick

I was shattered at the game when we went for the 2 points to make it 16 and then when we got the penalty 10 metres out and had them on the back foot and we made it 18, i was not happy at all......it was way too negative and i believe we thought we could win the match against a side like the dogs by 6 points!!!!! I am more dissapointed by that than i was for not attempting a field goal......

lucablight

First Grade
Freak2 said:
Personally I would like to see Hindmarsh back into the ruck playing front row allowing Benny into the back row, but I guess that is not going to happen just yet whilst Hindmarsh is scoring flukey tries!!

wtf?

Fathead

Bench
Inu is the first option when a centre/fullback/winger is injured.

UNTIL that time he will stay in PL no matter how many tries he is scoring there.

He has been told that he has Timanas place for next year and is happy with that.