What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford fails to make rep case

t-ba

Post Whore
That's almost certainly what the selectors thoughts on the issue right there. Never mind that Gower has been out of sorts for the beginning of the season :whistle

Kimmorley should walk in imo. The Form half of the comp who actually has a hope of getting a spot. Of the other two form halves One's a snowballs chance in hell of making a rep side (Monaghan) and the Other is shunned by the selectors (Orford)

camsmith

Juniors
If you are going to decide on the halfback on that one game, then neither should be picked. :roll:

AdamH

Juniors
Umm.... How can anyone say Gower is CRAP? He wasn't on fire last night, but he wasn't awful.

I never really rated Gower until about last year when he was injured. You could see the difference without him there.

But to say Orford is out of the race is bullshit. One game. One f**king game. Orford has been the form half of comp for over a year FFS.

Matt Orford is the best halfback in the league (at least on form) and deserves the SOO and Aus number 7 that he has earned!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Matt Orford is the best halfback in the league (at least on form) and deserves the SOO and Aus number 7 that he has earned!

You may be right, but the coach is Wayne Bennett. Personally I beleieve he will go with Kimmorley. However, if they pick Smith at hooker which is a possibility then Orford may get the job. I think it may come down to who they put in the no9 shirt! :clap:

simostorm

Bench
Gower played well last night, but man penrith's forwards gave Gower alot to work with though, Orford didnt have a great game,
but his forwards gave him nothing to work with.
Which makes a huge difference for a halfbacks performance.

White Poiner

Coach
How can u be the form halfback in the comp if you play as shit as orford did against manly and penrith. Noddy has won every game he has played this year and has been the key to our success, if noddy dosent get the test jumper its a discrase.

camsmith

Juniors
Orford didnt play shit against manly and penrith.. he was just average, but remember the OTHER 3 games we played? he was on fire.

I'll watch noddy (dickhead) tonight and see how he plays.. because if you can make your mind up with 1 or 2 games.. then why cant i.

Krison

Juniors
lockyno1 said:

You may be right, but the coach is Wayne Bennett. Personally I beleieve he will go with Kimmorley. However, if they pick Smith at hooker which is a possibility then Orford may get the job. I think it may come down to who they put in the no9 shirt! :clap:

It will probably be the other way round... the halfback is more important than the hooker.

Kimmorley will get it though.

camsmith

Juniors
Can Kimmorley throw a pass backwards? didnt seem like it tonight, not that the ref stopped him.

imasharkie

Coach
Brett Kimmorley once again leads the Sharks to another victory and in doing so locked away the Australian no. 7 jersey.

Rating tonight 9/10

camsmith

Juniors
lol, funny that sharks say noddy deserves it, and storm supporters think orford does.

I'ld rather see orfy play SoO anyway more than the tests.

LESStar58

Referee
camsmith said:
If you are going to decide on the halfback on that one game, then neither should be picked. :roll:

Well from the highlights I was Noddy had a blinder last nite....he will most likely get it.

but a match up between 2 halfbacks shouldnt be billed as a battle for the #7 jumper....if you have to pick on form then Orford should get it...